• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB Scores

Status
Not open for further replies.

skywagon

Does anyone know if you can find ASTB scores on the web? Also, how long are they good for? My recruiter will not give me my scores. Any info would be great.

Palmer_G

How much does the ASTB scores weigh in your application? The rest of my application looks good. I scored high enough to submit for SNA, but is that enough now?

ghost_ttu

To my knowlege you can't find your ASTB on the web. Your recruiter will have them on file so just bug the recruiter and they will give you the scores. If nothing else go to the office and ask to see them, and if he doesn't show them, just say well then have I not taken it, are they lost? or do I need to retest? They are good forever, and to let you know you can retest after 30 days the first time, and 180 days the second time and every time thereafter.

Palmer: They look for minimum ASTB scores, so I think once those are met then it gets into the whole person concept provided the rest of the minimums are met (gpa, prt)

airgreg

low bypass axial-flow turbofan with AB driver
pilot
Whoever runs this office is probably going to receive about a thousand score requests in the next 15 minutes, but here ya go:

http://www.nomi.med.navy.mil/astboar.htm

This link will email (mine took about 15 minutes) your "official" scores to you. It's funny because my "official" scores were slightly different than the test scores my recruiter's office gave me right after the test... go figure.

Make sure to include your name, SSN, and return email address.
-Greg

Palmer_G

Thanks Ghost. So, if the rest of my application looks good, I won't be denied for having low ASTB scores? I know that they are high enough to apply, but I'm sure the competition for these slots might have better scores. I have great rec's, 4 Naval Aviators (2 Retired Captains, 2 Lt's), and a former Sec. of Navy. I also did pretty good on my PRT.

ghost_ttu

airgreg:

That will only work if your email ends in .mil I sent to it and it sends you an email saying can only send ASTB scores to emails that end in .mil

JayManC

The board has truly been "iffy" lately to say the least, ive seen guys on here with high scores, eng degrees and solid GPAs get rejected, then the other day i saw a guy with a 2.9 in journalism get in....go figure.

I'm waiting on my final word. The dept head for Officer Ascensions (some no-name Lt.) at my recruiters office called me the other day to tell me it wasn't looking so hot. He said he thought I had a pretty solid app, but my scores weren't outstanding, and my gpa in business admin (2.9) wasn't too great either i explained to him that my school doesn't offer a CIS degree and that it would be stated on my transcript as such, but the actual degree would be listed as Bus. Admin.

At his urging I got some phone calls from some of the people who wrote my LORs in the works to see if thaty'll make a difference.
<fingers crossed>

<insert something witty here:>

airgreg

low bypass axial-flow turbofan with AB driver
pilot
Ghost,
I used my HOTMAIL account and it worked fine. I'm a civilian. Worth a try. Maybe I just got lucky and slipped throught the cracks in the system...

If the email thing doesn't work, just call them on the phone and ask for official scores.
-Greg

ghost_ttu

I'll trust my scores, I was just wanting to do a quick check. I wonder if that responce has anything to do with a certain website forum promoting a sudden surge in request? hmmmmm

JTP

Just call them. They cannot send it to an E-mail account that is not .mil or .gov. I just called them up, and some guy gave me the scores over the phone.

Anybody else have any say on the ASTB scores, I'm kind of curious also. I talked to my recruiter today, and she said after 27 Sep they will be changing the application process. You send off some preliminary stuff first, then if that qualifies they will instruct you to send in the rest. I guess it is going to weed out the high # of applications. I asked her what all is considered preliminary, and she said ASTB scores, motivational statement, transcripts, and PRT results. Someone tell me if they have heard of this. I am debating whether or not to send it out now, or wait. My GPA and ASTB scores aren't too outstanding, but the rest off my app. looks cherry. Any suggestions? Where is Shutter in this thread?

GO DAWGS!!

ghost_ttu

I knew there had to be another hoop! I'm trying to get my application in this week so hopefully I will be in before all this takes place. But I have not heard anything of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.