• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB Missing?

schmitchell

Hello All,

I've run into an interesting hiccup. I have always planned on joining the Navy to be a pilot, and my freshman year of college I took the ASTB since I was talking to officers in the NROTC program, and they told me the score is good for life so I figured no problem, and my score was pretty good 7/7/7/60. After graduating and working for a couple years, I'm ready to get the ball rolling and get commissioned now, but the recruiter says my score is not in the system? When searching with my name and SSN, nothing comes up. We even tried switching first/last name. I can retake it, but I've been out of school a few years and I'm worried I won't do as well, so I'd really rather not take it again if possible. Is there any explanation for this that you might be aware of?

Thanks in advance,

Schmitchell

Oshun8235

Hello All,

I've run into an interesting hiccup. I have always planned on joining the Navy to be a pilot, and my freshman year of college I took the ASTB since I was talking to officers in the NROTC program, and they told me the score is good for life so I figured no problem, and my score was pretty good 7/7/7/60. After graduating and working for a couple years, I'm ready to get the ball rolling and get commissioned now, but the recruiter says my score is not in the system? When searching with my name and SSN, nothing comes up. We even tried switching first/last name. I can retake it, but I've been out of school a few years and I'm worried I won't do as well, so I'd really rather not take it again if possible. Is there any explanation for this that you might be aware of?

Thanks in advance,

Schmitchell
When I took the Asvab for the Air National Guard a while back my scores were only good for 2 years. It might be the same for the Navy.

exNavyOffRec

Can your recruiter call or email the Operational Psychology Department at NAMI? They should be able to help find your results if they still exist.

Also, can you see if you saved the official ASTB score results memo you should have received when you did the exam? I would think that would suffice for validating your scores.

This is good info, find the sheet you had and see what they can do, did you get a sheet? I have never heard of this before and it is odd, the only thing I can think of is they entered your SSN wrong.

schmitchell

This is good info, find the sheet you had and see what they can do, did you get a sheet? I have never heard of this before and it is odd, the only thing I can think of is they entered your SSN wrong.
It was in 2013, and at the time I didn't receive a sheet of any kind as far as I can remember. Well shoot, maybe the recruiters at the office weren't interested in helping me at the time and didn't bother to actually save my score?

exNavyOffRec

It was in 2013, and at the time I didn't receive a sheet of any kind as far as I can remember. Well shoot, maybe the recruiters at the office weren't interested in helping me at the time and didn't bother to actually save my score?
The recruiters have nothing to do with saving the score, they input your info, you take the exam, and then they print out the sheet. Do you remember verifying your SSN

schmitchell

The recruiters have nothing to do with saving the score, they input your info, you take the exam, and then they print out the sheet. Do you remember verifying your SSN
I honestly don't remember verifying it, it was so long ago it's hard to remember exactly how it went. I'll see if they're willing to reach out to NAMI if you think it'll help, but it's sounding like I might just be SOL. Which is fine, I'll study up and do better! Thanks for your input though, I really do appreciate it.

exNavyOffRec

I honestly don't remember verifying it, it was so long ago it's hard to remember exactly how it went. I'll see if they're willing to reach out to NAMI if you think it'll help, but it's sounding like I might just be SOL. Which is fine, I'll study up and do better! Thanks for your input though, I really do appreciate it.

Everything thing is by SSN, so if they did make a mistake and they were able to find a score by name I don't think they could even use it, it was probably an error in your SSN when inputted.

schmitchell

I’d contact NAMI:
Point of Contact Information
For any additional questions about the ASTB-E, please contact the NMOTC Operational Psychology Department at 850-452-2379 or 850-452-2435. Department hours are 07:30AM to 4:00PM CST Mon-Fri. Alternatively, you may email your questions to usn.pensacola.navmedoptractrpns.list.nmotc-astb@mail.mil .
So I emailed them, and in like two minutes they replied with the score sheet! It doesn't have my SSN on it, so hopefully that's not an issue, but at least it's a step in the right direction! Thanks again for all of your help!