• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdshlsesq

I have read most of the information on this web site regarding the ASTB Flight test and have also downloaded the Marine Corps study guide as many of you have indicated that this is best resource from which to study. However, I have been unable to locate anything regarding the spatial apperception portion of the test which my OSO says is really important!!! If anyone knows where to find sample questions with pictures and the like please let me know! I really want to pass this on the first try so I can get a step closer to flying those Super Cobras!!! Semper Fi!

Sincerely,
J. David Smith, Jr.

jdshlsesq

Originally posted by jdshlsesq
I have read most of the information on this web site regarding the ASTB Flight test and have also downloaded the Marine Corps study guide as many of you have indicated that this is best resource from which to study. However, I have been unable to locate anything regarding the spatial apperception portion of the test which my OSO says is really important!!! If anyone knows where to find sample questions with pictures and the like please let me know! I really want to pass this on the first try so I can get a step closer to flying those Super Cobras!!! Semper Fi!

Sincerely,
J. David Smith, Jr.

jdshlsesq

I have heard that the Arco tests are not much help because they are so dissimiliar to what is on the actual ASTB test. However, I will give them a shot. Thanks!

J. David Smith, Jr.

korndog

I don't have any scientific way of knowing this, but I think playing first-person computer games and flight simulators helped me. Last month, I breezed through the SA section with two minutes to spare in the end. I missed only three. Oh, and the ARCO book will have you believe that the views are as simple as "bank left, out to sea" They're not, and playing around with a flight simulator may help you visualize all those in-between values.

Jonathan Williamson

Thats a really great idea, do you have any specific simulator that you like? Thanks for the idea.

Originally posted by korndog
I don't have any scientific way of knowing this, but I think playing first-person computer games and flight simulators helped me. Last month, I breezed through the SA section with two minutes to spare in the end. I missed only three. Oh, and the ARCO book will have you believe that the views are as simple as "bank left, out to sea" They're not, and playing around with a flight simulator may help you visualize all those in-between values.

korndog

I use Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002 Professional Edition. It's kinda expensive though ($79). There are probably some good free ones out there, and there's also a Standard Edition of MFS2002. One good thing about the simulator is the ground school book and interactive lessons. You can learn a lot about instrument approaches with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.