• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB Grading

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLAM97to99

I was wondering if any one knows how they score the ASTB to get your OAR. Are certain questions worth more than others? I got a 60 OAR would that mean I only got about 75% of the questions correct? Or are certain questions weighted like on the other parts?

jca320

CLAM97to99 said:
I was wondering if any one knows how they score the ASTB to get your OAR. Are certain questions worth more than others? I got a 60 OAR would that mean I only got about 75% of the questions correct? Or are certain questions weighted like on the other parts?

How about... You did well

CLAM97to99

That sight explaned what every thing was and what sections make up the different parts, but not how it is scored (or graded) to get your OAR.

Officer2B

Ok...I took the test today was told i need a four six to pass and i got a five six...Can anyone tell me if this is competative and if it will get me a pilot slot (Marines)?

Demento

Old Salt
Yes

Officer2B said:
Ok...I took the test today was told i need a four six to pass and i got a five six...Can anyone tell me if this is competative and if it will get me a pilot slot (Marines)?

It is competitive, as in you are in a good category for predicting success, but insofar as "will the Marines assign me based on the 5/6" there are too many other factors, that are not the ASTB, to be able to answer that with any degree of confidence. It won't hurt, certainly.

Also, you are somewhat at the mercy of your peer group, a factor you cannot control: If they all got 4-5's, you will look more like Chuck Jaeger, whereas if they all got 7-7's, you will look more like Heavy Handed Hans.

Officer2B

thanx...but i found out monday that as long as i get 20/40 or better on my vision test then my OSO is putting me for the pilots slot...thanx tho

Status
Not open for further replies.