• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB Grades

Status
Not open for further replies.

swimdude27

I am slated to get Commissioned in May 2003 and am about to put in my Service Selection package and was just wondering if anybody knew how important one's grades on the ASTB played into getting selected for a pilot slot?
-Thanks

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Sounds like you're ROTC, in which case, I'm not sure it's "quite" the big deal it is for some. You might want to ask the service selection coordinator (whichever LT that is) and see what he thinks. As many have said here, part of the problem is that there are just more pilots in the fleet than the Navy expected, but I have a sneaky suspicion that affects OCS guys more. Then again, I could be wrong.

kaiangel

http://navyrotc.mit.edu/www/aviation/astb.stm

I don't know what unit your at, but I found this on the MIT NROTC website. It has the whole MIDN service selection package percentages.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Wow, hat's some good gouge! Also kind of supports what I was saying. That's a great link. Thanks Pat.

Status
Not open for further replies.