• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB ASTB-E

Mitchel

Hello all, I took the ASTB-E and didn’t get the scores I would’ve liked to. OAR of 40 4/6/4 and my recruiter told me I needed to get a 4/5/5 at min. to apply for a pilot slot. My FOFAR was too low. I felt like I did well on the test and honestly, it took me by surprise to see my results. This is my dream and I’m worried about not being able to get competitive scores. I should add I plan on getting a tutor.

Not sure where to start studying, if anyone has information it would be appreciated. I’ve seen a few postings on here that have given a wealth of knowledge, so thank you all for that!

I have graduated from an aviation college with a 3.2GPA and have received all my certifications/ratings up to CFI/CFII and working on MEI. So, seeing I didn’t do too hot on the aviation/nautical sections is frustrating. Any thoughts? This was my first attempt on the test.

exNavyOffRec

you meet the requirements to apply for SNA, the min PFAR is 5 and you have a 6, the min AQR is 4 and that is what you have, FOFAR doesn't matter unless you are applying for SNFO. The only reason I can think he doesn't want to move you forward is he wants to put SNFO on one of your designators.

Mitchel

you meet the requirements to apply for SNA, the min PFAR is 5 and you have a 6, the min AQR is 4 and that is what you have, FOFAR doesn't matter unless you are applying for SNFO. The only reason I can think he doesn't want to move you forward is he wants to put SNFO on one of your designators.

I understand my scores are not competitive. I know I need to take it again and give it a better attempt. The test proctor and the recruiter both told me I needed a 5 FOFAR which I didn’t understand! I clarified I wanted SNA!
Thank you for clarifying the score, that confused me!

exNavyOffRec

Agreed, my scores weren’t very competitive. I do have 3 good letters of recommendation that are all over O-5 (which could help), however I want to retake and see if I can really increase my chances.
I agree with @villo0692 that you should look at retaking as your scores aren't that competitive but we have seen people picked up with a 6 PFAR, however the decision to retake or submit should be yours, if you want to submit as is you should be able to, if you don't then don't.

LOR's won't really help at all for aviation, and depending on the relationship between you and the people writing them might not do much for other designators either.

Mitchel

I agree with @villo0692 that you should look at retaking as your scores aren't that competitive but we have seen people picked up with a 6 PFAR, however the decision to retake or submit should be yours, if you want to submit as is you should be able to, if you don't then don't.

LOR's won't really help at all for aviation, and depending on the relationship between you and the people writing them might not do much for other designators either.

Understood sir! Yeah, I’ve had a buddy get selected with a 36 5/6/5 and made it through primary. I am just going to retake it and be more prepared for the test. That way it possibly increase my chances of getting SNA.
Thank you, sir!