• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB/Board Submission

navymak44

Hey everyone, just wanted to get opinions based on the scores from the test I took today. I took the ASTB and scored a 56 6/5/6. It was my first time taking it so I know I could’ve done better. Anyways I was wondering if these scores were worth submitting to the board as Pilot? My recruiter said I could only submit for NFO. Open to whatever you help you all can offer, Thank you

StevenBlue18

Multi Life
Minimum requirement is 5/6/6 for aviation in order to apply for both positions. OR probably said you can only go NFO because you didn’t meet the minimums for pilot. For NFO you could always try to apply and if you don’t get selected just take it again and apply with better scores. You can take the ASTB three times. You can search previous boards and checkout the results just look at the excel sheets on each discussion.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hey everyone, just wanted to get opinions based on the scores from the test I took today. I took the ASTB and scored a 56 6/5/6. It was my first time taking it so I know I could’ve done better. Anyways I was wondering if these scores were worth submitting to the board as Pilot? My recruiter said I could only submit for NFO. Open to whatever you help you all can offer, Thank you

Well it is your recruiter saying it so...

So either apply for NFO or retake the ASTB and improve your PFAR if you want to fly.

**DO NOT APPLY FOR NFO UNDER THE ASSUMPTION YOU CAN SWITCH LATER IN YOUR CAREER**

Last edited:

tysky321

I took the ASTB today, June 7, 2019 and got 6/6/6 52. I have a 3.1 in computer science and math from University of Illinois Urbana Champaign. I am going only for SNA. I am considering retaking it before applying. Would anyone suggest otherwise?

navymak44

I took the ASTB today, June 7, 2019 and got 6/6/6 52. I have a 3.1 in computer science and math from University of Illinois Urbana Champaign. I am going only for SNA. I am considering retaking it before applying. Would anyone suggest otherwise?

Well ultimately it is up to you and your recruiter, but I retook mine after making this initial post and ended up getting a 54 6/7/6. I applied for SNA and was selected with those scores. So I will say, I was much more relaxed the second time I took it and realized the areas I made simple mistakes in. If you are kind of in that same boat, then I say retake it if you’re willing but if not your scores qualify to apply. Best of luck!

tysky321

Well ultimately it is up to you and your recruiter, but I retook mine after making this initial post and ended up getting a 54 6/7/6. I applied for SNA and was selected with those scores. So I will say, I was much more relaxed the second time I took it and realized the areas I made simple mistakes in. If you are kind of in that same boat, then I say retake it if you’re willing but if not your scores qualify to apply. Best of luck!
Thanks for the input! I think I’m going to end up retaking it because my GPA is on the low end.