• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB 1 to 2 transition

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpage

Hello all,

I recently took the ASTB Form 1 and did alright (6,6,7 and 52) but think I could have done a bit better, based on the stuff I looked at beforehand. I'm going in a month from now to take Form 2. Does anyone have any specific advice for this? I've sort of gathered that Form 2 is generally a bit easier, and has more geometry and fewer complicated word problems. Is there anything more specific that anyone could point to? For instance, are the mechanical q's more similar to the Marine Study Guide (that was what surprised me the most on Form 1 -- I understood the marine guide back and forth but got whacked on the MC). Any advice or info about Form 2 would be GREATLY appreciated.

thanks,
gp

Borncreole

I take the ASTB for the first time in 2 weeks. I memorized the marine study guide and can work all the problems in and out. Anyway my reading of the various forum inputs is the math is pretty much dead on from the marine guide.
Q-What to study for the verbal section of the math verbal (nothing in the guide)
Q-How well do you need to know the electrical stuff for the mech comp (not much in the guide)
Q-How accurate is the Aviation nautical section (do I need to study different books)
Q-Will the ARCO help out for the mech comp section more than the marine guide

Hope the forum can she some light on this for us hopefulls

Status
Not open for further replies.