• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASCEX March 9 Ft Hood, Tx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
If anyone is interested, I'm running a Air Support Coordination Exercise at Ft Hood, Tx. This is an exercise in combined arms with air assests. Presently, I have 8 sections of F-18's dropping "blue death" (MK-76's) and I'm still hoping for support from the "Skid Kids" (Hueys and Cobras). My only ground support agency at this time is mortars which will be used for marking and suppressing targets. If interested, let me know. This Ex does have the possibility of being cancelled due to "Operation Enduring Freedom" Semper Fi! Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

Grunt

Ah! My old stomping grounds! I know exactly where you will be dropping wnd where you will supported from. Observers will be at Jack Mountain Multi-Use Range on north Ft Hood. Those events always rock so if you can get out to see it, DO! I was an assistant Range OIC for one once (You have to have an O-4 be the OIC for multi range operations) and they are a pain to coordinate but cool to watch.

Mike the Grunt

Jared

Major Frumby

If this is an invitation to observe, count me in. I'm 5 or so hours southeast of Ft Hood in good ol' Houston and would give my right arm to see something that cool. Keep me posted if you would. Much obliged.
Jared

Dave Shutter

Sounds like a blast Major, that's another thing that made me look long and hard at the Corps, the chance to put the 'cammies on once and a while and break out the small arms! Have fun, eat a few snakes for me and send us pics if you can.

Got a question for you though...what's your status now! Your obviously still on duty but I met a Marine Hornet guy the other night who went through Kingsville by the name of "Gump", he regrettably reported you were no longer "out there"? Just curious as to what you're up to.

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Dave,
Believe it or not, I made a "career decision" not to stay in Kingsville. I was only going to be able to stay there only a short time longer due to my date of rank. It was tough but my life is much more simple now. My unit is only 25 minutes from my house which is a better commute then 4 hours or a 1 hour flight. At least this way I'll be sure to get (hopefully) to LtCol next year. We'll see.
Jared, yes that was an invite. I put the word out to see what kind of response I would get and I'll work out the details later. I live in Houston as well. Friendswood to be exact. SF, Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Well Matt,
Give me a call or email me the next time through. First pitcher of beer is on me! Hell, we might just go be down right degenerates and drink at the "Turtle Club!" I'm sure your looking forward to doing a static at a Wings over Houston Airshow. Semper Fi! Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

Status
Not open for further replies.