• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ARNG/Cadet confusion

jwagner

I am currently a SGT in the Army National Guard and a MSII Cadet in ROTC. I was on active duty and seperated early under a green to gold nonscholarship smp packet. My problem is I was not medically cleared to leave active duty, but they let me go anyway. I thought since I was not medically cleared to leave that my contract with ROTC was void. I also have not yet completed a SMP contract. My question is what will happen to me now if I disenroll from ROTC? Will I be sent back to active duty? Will I stay in the guard? If anyone know any of the details of this mess please let me know. Thanks!

gotta_fly

pilot
I don't know the specifics of your program, but for MECEPs (Marine Enlisted Commissioning Education Program) and OCs (Navy Enlisted Officer Candidates) if they don't complete the program they have to return to their enlisted contract and serve out the remaining years.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
Im curious. Why this site for your ARNG question?

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Im curious. Why this site for your ARNG question?

Indeed, we only have token representation here a la Huggy, Hacker and our resident ANG groupee, Swanee. Have you tried Baseops?

TigerGSU

From what I understand you will return back to whatever unit you were in prior to joining ROTC. We had a girl who failed to shape up to go to LDAC for either her III or IV year this summer and she is now going in as enlisted as a result even though she graduates in May.

I'm noncontracted Army ROTC, so I may be wrong. I'd ask your Green to Gold recruiter or PMS and find out for sure.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I am currently a SGT in the Army National Guard and a MSII Cadet in ROTC. I was on active duty and seperated early under a green to gold nonscholarship smp packet. My problem is I was not medically cleared to leave active duty, but they let me go anyway. I thought since I was not medically cleared to leave that my contract with ROTC was void. I also have not yet completed a SMP contract. My question is what will happen to me now if I disenroll from ROTC? Will I be sent back to active duty? Will I stay in the guard? If anyone know any of the details of this mess please let me know. Thanks!

So is disenrolling what you want to do or have already done?