• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tast3

Hi all, I’m in need of some help. I’m currently an Army Officer (O2) and my time in the army ends next year by which time I’ll be an O3. I have a very strong desire to fly for the Navy but I am uncertain how that would look. I’ve passed all the initial screening for the Army as my dream was to fly for them (unfortunately I had a few poor semesters in college that kept me from receiving my branch of choice). I’m waiting to hear back from a recruiter but I’m trying to “cast the net wide” and do my due diligence

That being said, I’m looking for insight on any of the following:

1) How would the pathway(s) from where I’m at now, to API look?

Would I essentially need to get out of the Army and then enter the Navy? I’ve looked at inter service transfers but I’m doubtful that would apply in this case since my interest is in a field I have no Army experience in.

2) Would I need to go to OCS in RI given that I’ll have been commissioned for 4 years at that point?

3) If I began over again at O1, would I be subject to the same promotion timeline as my peers at that point or is it possible to play “catch-up?” - main reason for asking is just trying to build a picture of what finances would look like as well.
Any and all information would be appreciated as I’ve been sifting through the Navy’s way of doing things trying to break out of my Army understanding of the way things work. Cheers.

Also as a last note - I’m certain there are pieces I’m missing so if any of the above points are off track please cue me in, thanks.