• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Army Navy Club and Marines Memorial Association

Rugger

Super Moderatress
Super Moderator
Contributor
There was a previous thread regarding the benefits of joining the Army Navy Club. Located in downtown DC 2 blocks from the White House, the Army Navy Club is a great place to host guests for meals or lodging for reasonable costs, also convenient for personal use of the same. The initiation fee ($300) and monthly dues ($30) were a bit high for me, even as a non-resident member (outside of DC) so I've not joined their club.

However, if you join the Marines Memorial Association for $35 (active duty or reserve, $100 for veterans or retirees) a year, reciprocal privileges are extended to you for use. Previously, it was required that members have been Marines or have served with Marine commands, but the requirement seems to have changed to any military service.

I've been a MMA member for a while, and recently we had brunch at the Army Navy Club as well as drinks night at the bar with some friends. It was a good experience all around, especially after Navy beat Notre Dame!

Nose

pilot
Another good one is Army Navy Country Club. Located in Arlington, ANCC will waive your initiation fee if you join within 1 year of comissioning. If you don't live in the area, you pay something like $265 a year. If you ever move to the DC area, you have four nice courses to choose from and a decent clubhouse too.