• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Army Aviator Goes Rogue

Stearmann4

I'm here for the Jeeehawd!
None
Wrote the check for a 1942 Navy Stearman. Couldn't help it, it was my Dad's and I got my first airplane ride in it on his lap when I was 5 in 1976. It got sold when he passed away in 1983 and haven't seen it since.

The owner called me up a few weeks ago and offered me first right of refusal. So, we've got the plane back in the family, and the boys will now be attending an esteemed, local community college, if not just enlisting directly:) Nobody can ever accuse me of not being inter-service friendly.

MR-

Attachments

• 404 yellow.jpg
    404 yellow.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 183

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Wrote the check for a 1942 Navy Stearman. Couldn't help it, it was my Dad's and I got my first airplane ride in it on his lap when I was 5 in 1976. It got sold when he passed away in 1983 and haven't seen it since.

The owner called me up a few weeks ago and offered me first right of refusal. So, we've got the plane back in the family, and the boys will now be attending an esteemed, local community college, if not just enlisting directly:) Nobody can ever accuse me of not being inter-service friendly.

MR-

Gorgeous. You need a copilot?

brownshoe

Contributor

MR-

Funny!

Wow, what a plane!

(And don't worry about MB's signoff. He flew the Manatee. Wasn't she a taildragger?)

Steve

ryan1234

MR-

Nice... is that the Conti or the Lycoming?

LFDtoUSMC

pilot
Contributor
So, we've got the plane back in the family, and the boys will now be attending an esteemed, local community college

It will all be OK once you hit that big Powerball/MegaMillions jackpot... Well thats my finacial plan anyway.

Anybody, andybody??

Tough crowd...

Stearmann4

I'm here for the Jeeehawd!
None
Continental R-670-4 (220hp). It was delivered to NARB Dallas in 42', and spent the war at NAS Grosse Isle, MI, and finally ended up at NAS Corpus when it was AMARC'd in 1946. Spent the rest of it's life as a duster up in WI until the mid 60s.

Open seat to AWers in the PNW if you can make it down to Olympia.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
That is beautiful. A nice addition. Higher education is over-rated anyway.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

MR-

I see a service academy in their future.

If I make it up there, I will take you up....what is the "quid pro quo" for a ride?

BTW, beautiful ride....

-ea6bflyr ;)

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
Open seat to AWers in the PNW if you can make it down to Olympia.

Don't say that, my parents live just down I-5 :)

That is a gorgeous plane. Makes me happy one of our own got her and it came back to your family. Just keep NAVY painted on the side and all will be well.

Flugelman

Contributor
Beauty, she is... Wife bought a Stearman ride for me for a birthday several years ago, what a blast. I got to fly it most of the ride but he wouldn't let me land it. I wonder why???

Your beauty and I have a couple of things in common, born in '42 and retired at NAS Corpus Christi. :)