• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Armstrong Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRM21o

I just started the Armstrong program and was wondering if I should do a normal upper-body routine (bench, dips, etc) along with it or just the push-ups and pull-ups? Thanks!

Sins

You should definitely do the dips. There is probably nothing wrong with benching -- maybe you want to do it on friday so you have sat and sun to recover before you do pushups again on monday.

On a side note, nothing made my bench go up like a couple weeks of dips :D

Gonzodogg

I have been doing Arrmstrong for a while and I also throw in sets of other upper body workouts - except back excercises. It's working really well for me.

BRM21o

When do you do the upper body workout (before/after the pull up workout) and do you still do the push-ups the morning of the workout? Thanks!

livefast

Do your upper body workout AFTER your pull-ups. Your muscles will be exhausted by the end of your workout and you won't be able to do many pull-ups. Your training should be sport-specific. Since the Marine Corps is big on pull-ups, you want to prioritize those. Push ups the morning after: yes, in moderation. 2 or 3 sets of your max won't affect muscle recovery; any more will. One word: PROTEIN. Lots and lots of protein.

slasher

OCC 186 Bound
USMCRugger said:
Curls !!! It's the way to go! I've never missed 20 !!

That's what I thought too. Took my update PFT this morning. Back to Armstrong for me... :icon_rage

Status
Not open for further replies.