• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Armstrong Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
If I can do 18 Pull ups for my maximum effort PFT set, what would be a good first training set for day 3? 4 or 5????

esday1

He'll dazzle you with terms like "Code Red."
It's really just trial and error to find the right number per set. You should be completing 9 sets, but the last couple should be difficult. So, if you can't complete 9 sets, reduce the number per set, and if 9 sets is too easy, then increase it.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Cool cool.... So I guess I will go with 4 for my training set and then go to 5 if need be after that.

T-man

The typical rule of thumb to start with for your training set is your max effort set divided by 3. So in your case, it would be 6 (18/3). Then from there, you can increase/decrease your effort set as needed according to esday1's reply.

At least that's what I've been told... but it all really comes down to what esday1 said ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.