• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Are the VT-9's Buckeyes are in like West Keys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyHighBuckeye

I read somthing about it last week on VT-9 taking there Buckeyes over to West Keys for the last or somewhere in FL. I wrondering how long they will be there in FL, because, I would like to see them this week!

I flew a T-C like 6 years ago in the VT-9 and I want live some old times before the T-2 is dissmissioned!

Chuck from Pensacola

FlyHighBuckeye

Hmmm! I wanted to see The VT-9 group. I myself was student of VT-9 6 years ago. Yes! I can see the T-2 in Pensacola, but I got my ties with VT-9. I read in the navy news online they where here in FL. I just wanted to see the T-2 in the VT-9 for the last time!

Oscar

E-2C Rag Student
They were flying out of Cecil field July 14-18 for CQ on Truman. They're all done now though.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I wanted to go back and fly T-2's so bad for my shore tour but was forced to go to the FRS. I flew T-2C's out of Pensacola when VT-4 was in the business of training the advanced E-2/C-2 students. That was absolutely one the best experiences I've had in the Navy.

VAW-120 FRS Flight Instructor

airwinger

pilot
Bunk22,
You might be interested to know that they moved E2/C2 guys to Meridian with the T-2C, then last Friday they winged the last class and now they're all going to go to Kingsville to fly the T-45A. I'd be pretty anxious if I were them, going to the boat in the T-45 is not supposed to be easy especially with as(comparatively) little flight time as they'll get(compared to TS guys)

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Originally posted by airwinger
Bunk22,
You might be interested to know that they moved E2/C2 guys to Meridian with the T-2C, then last Friday they winged the last class and now they're all going to go to Kingsville to fly the T-45A. I'd be pretty anxious if I were them, going to the boat in the T-45 is not supposed to be easy especially with as(comparatively) little flight time as they'll get(compared to TS guys)

Oh I know they've been in Meridian since 96. I've got many buddies who were and are IP's down there. Most have stayed on to fly T-45's in Meridian. I was going to Meridian to instruct in T-2's when my orders were changed at the last minute and I was sent to the FRS since they were suddenly desperate for two C-2 instructor pilots right at that moment. Timing is everything in the Navy and it can be a bitch
banghead_125.gif

VAW-120 FRS Flight Instructor

Status
Not open for further replies.