• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB Appreciation Post - Strong Retake Improvement

j.wilson

54 5/4/5 -> 64 8/8/9

I've been using this forum for the past 2 months and just decided to create an account. Wanted to thank everyone on here the information they've provided. I took the ASTB 1 month ago and scored 54 5/4/5 for the first time after just skimming through the Barron's book. Today, I scored 64 8/8/9 and used only content from this forum. I don't mind providing more information on what I did differently if anyone is interested.

My background is Bachelor's in Biomedical Science and Master's in Medical Science. I was applying to medical school but developed a strong interest in flying after my first recent flight and airshow experience. This was a bit of a change in direction from my previous plans, but I believe my critical thinking is what allowed me to have a decent OAR the first time around. I had gone through Kyle's google doc and condensed each folder to only a few files that I thought were not repetitive on the information and were also high yield stuff. I didn't use the paper compass trick as I thought it was too slow, and I was somehow still getting 2-3+ seconds on each UAV question even though I answered them nearly instantly. I started flight simming for the past month which allowed me to feel comfortable with the joystick movements for each given direction.

I felt overwhelmed through the whole thing still and was completely unsure on how I was going to perform. The only thing I was confident in was the PBM and that was mainly because of my ability to follow the targets closely, and I may have only missed one listening number because I clicked both buttons at the same time lol.

But thank you everyone for all of this content!