• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

applying--minor??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ldahla

I was just wondering if I could get some people's input on how much you think it would affect a person with fairly high ASTB scored (7, 8) when they're applying for a SNA slot if they have a minor in consumption that they plead guilty to in court. since slots for SNA are so competetive, do you think it will affect their selections when comparing to other applicants?

apply asap please!

Kulderas

I would like to know this as well...got a minor consump about 2 years ago...pleaded guilty, went to class, paid the fine...

Josh

ldahla

yeah...also whoever has knowledge on this needs to take into consideration that i am a civilian; where it is really competetive.

TBag463

I got one my sophomore year and did the class and fine thing. I got a SNA slot with BDCP in October, but I scored high on my ASTB and PRT. My recruiter may be full of it, but he said they don't mind a single offense like that. It kinda shows you live on the edge. By no means am I encouraging that behavior, as that was extremely humiliating, expensive and DUMB. It also added at least a month onto the whole application process. Also, slots are getting harder to get every month, so I would really try to bust your butt on the PRT. Hope I could help.

Kulderas

competitive to keep up with drinking?
angel_125.gif

Josh

Yeah, I've been wondering about prior offenses as well. My recruiter said the same thing: two and your done, but a single offense shouldn't be all that detrimental. At one point I was told "no waiver required" and then vice-versa. Probably depends on conviction and crime. But if you're otherwise competitve stick with it. It's a dynamic process. Be persistent; things will work out.

ldahla

ok thanks. along with a minor, i got a party violation too in the apartment building i was living at. do you think that counts as "2 and your done"- a minor and party violation? be honest...i want to know your true opinion. thanks guys! what does that mean- "no waiver required"?

ldahla

it was very stupid. i just wish i didn't have that party violation along with a minor. any other comments about that? please just give me an opinion about how much you think it will affect me.

nmund11

i got the same thing. when i was a sophmore, we were drinking in my apartment and got a noisy party and minor, but the charges were dismissed though. i assume i still have to put it on my application right? furthermore i have a pretty competitive application, ASTB 7,8 and 57 OAR with 3.65 GPA. will it ruin my chances? if anyone has some insight that would be great.

thanks a lot for your replys.

Status
Not open for further replies.