• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying after graduation

coolhand

I will be graduation from college in December of 06, and I am currently working on applying, but I was wondering if it is possible to put in an application after graduating and actually get accepted. I don't plan on having to do this, but just wondering in case I have to reapply. Do your chances diminish if you put in your package after graduation?

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
I don't know if it does anything to hurt your possibilities. I can't see where it would. But what I can say is that there are enough people that go to OCS a few years after graduation and make it just fine.

Good luck.

heynowlookout

pilot
Contributor
Sure you can. I applied and got accepted 2.5 years after I graduated. Of course then I had to wait another 8 months before leaving for OCS.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
heynowlookout said:
Sure you can. I applied and got accepted 2.5 years after I graduated. Of course then I had to wait another 8 months before leaving for OCS.

I was a non-BDCP guy too, and that's the downside. The Navy can accept you but send you whenever they want because you're not on the payroll. I heard back in May of '02, but didn't go until Sept '02. However, I thought it was funny that a NUPOC who finished his interview in August was in the same class. Since he was drawing E-6 pay and allowances, you can bet your ass that they wanted to put him in a class ASAFP.