• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Application Sequence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

walkers4x4

A quick question for those who have gone through the OCS application process already. When exactly do you take the PRT and the flight physical...Prior to submitting app. or after? Reason I'm asking is because I just finished taking the ASTB and finishing the paperwork for my app. and he said we could send in my app. once all the letters of recommendation came in. So far he hasn't mentioned anything about the PRT or physical.

Thanks, Nate

frogggystyle

I took a flight physical prior to submitting my package. It is essentially a screening to make sure you are eligible for the flight program. There is no sense in giving you a pilot slot if your eyes are not good enough, so to speak. You will also get another physical when you get to OCS.

The PRT...I'm not sure. Are you enlisted now or are you a civilian? If you are enlisted I think they just go by your last PRT. If you are a civlian, I think you have to schedule a PRT with your recruiter. I am not sure how civilian applicants get screen for their PRT.

Based on a couple of individuals that came in to OCS at around260 lbs., I am leaning towards the idea that they just write something down on a piece of paper and ship you off to become OCS's problem. hehe

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - General George Patton (1885-1945)

mikedjp

I think the officer selection process has changed in the last couple of months. I began my application last fall, then I put it on hold, now I'm resuming it and lots of things are different. My application is going to be screened initially before I have my physical or PRT test.

53driver

I was a civilian applying to OCS. Part of my application package was to take a MEPS physical and also to take a full PRT (from the recruiter). When you get to OCS, you will get a FULL flight physical at NOMI and take the "in" PRT there. SNAs get there eyes dialated and undergo a lot more invasive physical than their SWO/Intell buddies. I'd make sure you have any dental problems taken care of and any other unresolved medical problems before reporting to OCS. The folks at NOMI might roll you back if there is extensive dental work, or other maladies. As far as very overweight people reporting for duty at OCS, it is a very bad idea. You need to be in good shape to do well on the in-PRT. If you fail it, or do marginal on it you will be rolled into the physical conditioning unit and receive special attention. You don't want special attention at OCS.

Meridiani

The standards have changed since October 2002. In order to save on paperwork and cut down on costs, your medical records, EPSQ, and PRT scores are not submitted with your application, ASTB scores, and endorsements. If you're found to be qualified on "paper", then you send in the rest of the package.

walkers4x4

So if your application passes w/out PRT, medical records and EPSQ are you accepted provided you pass the PRT and all other requirements, or does it just mean that you are now able to submit your entire package?

btw thanks for the replies...this board is great

Nate

Meridiani

What I gathered from my recruiter is that once you're application passes the initial screening, then you submit the rest of the package. It's likely but not guaranteed that you'll get your slot if your medical docs, PRT, and EPSQ are all in good order. Seems kinda screwy, don't it?
icon_smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.