• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

application questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Shutter

You will learn, as I have throughout this odyssey that has been my application process, that nothing is ever guaranteed. The selection process however was explained to me on numerous occasions like this:

CNRC Millington, Tenn. gets your kit, FED-EXed, sending a reply to your office that they received it. Medical review comes first; you can be the best applicant in the world but you can't go to OCS without legs or a hundred lbs. overweight. Any review of you're app is basically a waste of time until you're med-qualified. This will cover your physical and of course, in my case and many others, any waivers for which a "consult" is required.

BTW: The one I received was a one-sheet write up of the history of my condition, surgery, the reg's that apply to it now, and the Dr.s opinion on my status as is (which was 100%) This "consult" is required since the Doc's that do my review will never meet me. My MEPS Physical was done at Bethesda MD. along with the consult, and I received the physical from some very friendly Dr.s, Dentist, and tech's who a Chief/associate of my Recruiter knew from having worked there. I was wisked through the hospital and 90% of my app. physical in about half an hour.

The stage I'm at now, is waiting for the professional review board. This will be a review of the rest of my app. Application, college transcripts, various letters, test scores, and in my case: prior service records. After this you will go to the community selection board for your first pick, and if rejected they go down the list of what else you asked for. That's why you ask for three.

It seems that few rules are actually written in stone as they would have you believe, You say your Board came first followed by your med. I'm learning that the order of business for any particular command on a day to day basis seems to depends on the mood of the CO, so there seem to be no real hard and fast rules to any of this.

Now, what I've been told, is that once your medically qualified, and pro-review board qualified, there's no reason you can't get the #1 job you asked for if it's available. According to Vicki: Your either PQ'd or NPQ'd, there's no middle ground. Of course it's a selection board, so they may always see something they don't like: you're too old, marginal scores, weak PRT numbers, weight issue, etc. You never know who's going to be looking at your stuff and how strict they are, or how much pressure their under from their boss's to put bodies in cockpits/school/slots.

I'm travelled enough to know that it's never a quarantee until the check clears, but I've been reassured again and again that if there are slots remaining, and you make it through the first two boards, that you're basically hired. Big grain of salt.

D

bpikula

GREAT NEWS TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My recruiter called this morning to let me know that I have been selected as a pilot! I meet with him this Friday to sign my contract. They are giving me an OCS date of January 12th, which is later than I had hoped, but it will give me more time to take care of my financials and other personal matters. I guess the date you make yourself available doesn't really matter after all.

Dave keep me posted on what happens with your application and anyone else with a Janaury OCS date, please let me know. I could use a few friends over there in P-Cola. Thanks to everbody for their input and best of luck to you all!

Ed Williams

Does anyone know what is the start of the last OCS class of the summer? I go down on Jume 16th. How many classes come down after me?
ed

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
Congrats!!!! It is great to hear that you got picked.
Thinking tou if you got such a late OCS date then i am thinking that i might get a later OCS date as well...does anyone know if how likey it will be that thoes of us who have ourr apps in now will get put inot OCS sooner or later???

Walker

Falcaner,
I was able to get my OCS date changed, but it was a huge headache! My first date was April 21, because I had said that I am willing to go to the next available slot for OCS,when I told them that I couldn't make that , my recruiter said that there was " nothing I can do" .I later got a call from the Officer Selection in Phoenix and they offered me a date in May,when I told them I couldn't make that date I was offered June 2. They called back and offered me June 9. The person I talked to said that it very hard to get a pilot selection OCS date changed. I'm not sure if I believe him or not, but he told me I should send a "thank you" to the lady in Tenn. that changed my slot. Hope this helps or makes sense.

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
Walker,
yea it makesd sences to me ..I think . but anyway thatnks for the insight, and I will let you know what happens.

Dave Shutter

quote:...does anyone know if how likey it will be that thoes of us who have ourr apps in now will get put inot OCS sooner or later???

No idea, but I hope I find out soon! Anyway, having waited so long so far I had my processor send a query to Tenn. about my app and the reply was: Your applicant had passed pro-review board, 1st choice: Aviation Maintenance Duty Officer: REJECTED, 2nd choice-Supply Officer: REJECTED, 3rd choice Intelligence Officer-under review.

My reply was a calm but firm: "What the f*ck are you talking about!" Pilot was my first choice, AMDO was my second, SWO third and the word supply was never even mentioned!

After some paranoid rantings, and a re-checking of the actual selections on my app-on-file for any Recruiter tomfoolery, we deduced that since our Rec' office has six applications at Tenn. right now that she mistakingly sent an update on someone else. I hope to get a correct update today. I think the recruiters at my office will be as relieved as I am when I get selected (or rejected!), because I will stop calling them everyday.

...rejected by the supply community, DAMN!

D

Edited by - Dave Shutter on 04/16/2001 12:44:52

Tripp

You think you hate it now...
quote:...rejected by the supply community, DAMN!
I know you're crushed, Dave...but you can always try that filmmaking gig you go on about.

Seriously, tho...I would not want to be that poor sap whose recs you got back.

Status
Not open for further replies.