• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Application question-due tomorrow!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetjock863

No go on flight...JAG???
The motivational statement says to "use the space provided, in 500 words or less...". Do you think they would count off if it was a little over 500? like, 550 or something?

bbennett73

If I were on the board, the easiest way for me to weed out apps would be to trash any of them with typos or that failed to follow the directions...I would stick to 500 or less. By the way, my essay was only 200-250 words, and it worked for me.

-BB

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No one actually counts the words in your statement. Those guys are busy enough. Still, keep it under the limit. There isn't anything you need to say beyond 500 words. Keep it brief. Have a friend or prof read it and suggest edits to bring it down and make it more concise. The board reads hundreds of apps. Come out with your guns blazing and finish it off cleanly. You have to grab them, not bore them or make work for them. This is esentially technical writing, not creative writing.

crysmc

MH-60S Pilot Wife
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've heard the same thing... they don't sit there and count out all of the words. However, they do expect you to be pretty clear-cut on your reasons (according to the OSO) and you won't earn any brownie points the more you write. I'd be concise, honest and definitely have a professor proofread it.

Status
Not open for further replies.