• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Application Interviews

edt957

Pro-rec SNA
Hey everyone,
My application has been completed and is waiting for the April boards. I'm now working on doing some community service, and getting some LOR's until then. However, recently I have heard about officer interviews being critical to having a competitive application, yet my recruiter hasn't said anything about these. I guess my question is what exactly I have to do to obtain one, and what do they entail?
Thanks

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
Hey everyone,
My application has been completed and is waiting for the April boards. I'm now working on doing some community service, and getting some LOR's until then. However, recently I have heard about officer interviews being critical to having a competitive application, yet my recruiter hasn't said anything about these. I guess my question is what exactly I have to do to obtain one, and what do they entail?
Thanks

What did your recruiter say when you asked them about the officer interviews?

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
I haven't asked him yet. Just found out about them recently.

Just in case you didnt catch EAS' hint.....go and ask your recruiter. For many of us, Officer interviews were not required and many of us are (far) removed from the recruiting pool, so we can't really answer that question.

Your best bet is to just go and ask him/her. Good luck.

that mike guy

JSUPT primary @ VAFB, Enid, OK
I recently received my FS for SNA form the November boards. When I asked my OR looked if i should get any officers to interviews to go in my application he asked what I was talking about and said that it was unnecessary. It's still worth asking your recruiter though he or she may like for applicants to do them. If the rest of your package isn't looking so hot, it might be a good idea to go ahead and do that anyway (although I have no idea about how officer interviews go).

edt957

Pro-rec SNA
My application is pretty solid, but my college GPA wasnt as good as it should be. Did well on the ASTB (7/7/7, OAR-59), but I'd feel better if I could get some LOR's to help. I talked to my recruiter, he doesnt know much about them other than theyre not really necessary and that it needs to be someone who was in the military, preferably an aviator. So, I'm gonna take his advice and tomorrow I'll call the guy who is processing my application to see what I need to do for one.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
My application is pretty solid, but my college GPA wasnt as good as it should be. Did well on the ASTB (7/7/7, OAR-59), but I'd feel better if I could get some LOR's to help.

Don't worry about the numbers as much.

I talked to my recruiter, he doesnt know much about them other than theyre not really necessary and that it needs to be someone who was in the military, preferably an aviator.

LORs have always been required. Interviews are not judging by what you are saying, correct? If this is the case then don't worry about getting one. I didn't have one and was Pro-Rec'd in October.

So, I'm gonna take his advice and tomorrow I'll call the guy who is processing my application to see what I need to do for one.

I'm pretty confused by this statement. You talked to your OR but you will be calling the processor?