• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

APOLOGY TO THE PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF CHINA

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
APOLOGY TO THE PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF CHINA

It is with deep regret, hesitation, and contrition that I, The President of the United States of America, offer apology to the Chinese nation and its peoples. I apologize for the heinous act performed by our large, sluggish, propeller driven, airplane when it got in the way of your highly maneuverable, supersonic, technologically superior, jet aircraft. Furthermore, I sincerely regret the fact that by flying in international airspace, we afforded your "highly competent" pilot the opportunity to fly his aircraft into our own, causing him to spiral to his death into the ocean. We regret the choice made by said pilot when he used deficient judgment in electing to attempt aerial intimidation upon our slower moving, unarmed, surveillance vehicle. This situation brings to mind a similar episode when I was in grade school and my face got in the way of the school yard bully's fist. He broke a bone in his hand and I felt as compelled to apologize for that incident as I do for this one.

Let me summarize by stating that it is our sincere hope that you accept this "heart felt" and "sincere" apology for the actions committed by your pilot. We are sorry that we got in the way. We are sorry that we were forced to leave international airspace and land in Chinese territory. We are sorry that you were forced to provide food and housing for our military personnel. Most of all, we are sorry that you have, in your possession, some of our most technologically advanced surveillance equipment on the planet. I hope that you can find it in your heart to forgive us. I hope that soon you will be compelled to release our men and our property.

Because I really don't want to have to apologize again when we have to kick your ass.

Sincerely,
George W. Bush
President of the United States

FlyBoyChris

i wish upon everthing holy and God's green earth, that we sent THAT letter. George W. would then become the coolest man in the world. nough said
chris

take care thanks

Dave Shutter

I was about to say: John's been awfully quite about this whole business!

Damn, don't sugar coat your feelings there guy!

D

Phoenix

Hmm... Why doesn´t the US just mount an economic blockade and then apologize for having to do it in order to get their aircraft back? "I am sincerely sorry that you had to capture our airplane. In order to fix it, we have mounted a blockade, which will give you the chance to give it back."

DEATH FROM ABOVE!

Kyle McWhirter

John,

That was one of the funniest things I have read in a while. I personally like the anecdote to the school yard fight. Hey, at least they gave our crew members coca-cola to wash down their rice!

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
To continue this topic, recieved the following in the email over the weekend.

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
I had someone send me the chinesse text but i had not seen the cruise missle yet. see that is how we should apologize!

FlyBoyChris

hey i saw a good one out in the ops building at the apt my school's aviation dpt uses, if anyone can find it please email me. it whent like this. It had a yellow sign like big trucks have, on the right it said "use coution, recan plane makes wide turns." then it had a siloute(sorry i know i can't spell) of a p-3 and a little fighter trying to pass on the left. The fighter had an "X" ging through it. pretty funny.
chris
P.S. my description sucks, but it realy was funy

take care thanks

Tripp

You think you hate it now...
John, I received a similar email this morning:
quote:AMERICAN APOLOGY TO THE CHINESE

Dear China,

We're sorry that you don't train your fighter pilots better. As a token of our apology, here's a copy of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2000.

We're sorry that you're front-line fighter planes can't outmaneuver a 35 year old prop-driven airliner. Perhaps you'd like to consider purchasing some surplus 1950's era Lockheed Starfighters from Taiwan. (We just replaced all theirs with shiny new F-16's)

We're sorry that you believe your territorial waters extend all the way to Australia. For future reference, here's an American 6th grade geography text-book. (Please take note of the Copyright information printed inside the cover.)

We're sorry that you can't seem to see your part of this incident. We know that it may seem easier to blame others than to take responsibility. Consider this fact while we build several new Aegis destroyers for our friends in the Republic of China (Taiwan).

We're especially sorry for treating you with such respect for the last 20 years. We will definitely rethink this policy and probably go back to treating you like a common, untrustworthy street gang very soon.

We're very sorry for ever granting you Most-Favored-Nation trading status and supporting your entrance into the World Trade Organization. This will be rectified at the soonest possible opportunity.

Sincerely,

The United States of America

PS... Kiss our ass.

Dave Shutter

This whoe situation just kills me, I love the Cruise missle pix, don't get me wrong, but the Prez can do 100X the amount of damage as all the missles in our inventory with one swipe of a pen. As their #1 exporter; trade sanctions alone could send them back into the stone age in a week flat.

I know that as the worlds good guys we just can't go around bombing whoever pisses us off or makes us look bad, but if you let one kid push you around the playground, don't be surprised when everyone else starts doing it! Jeez!

D

ASUPilot

I don't know where you guys get that stuff but it is so funny! And more importantly, it's si true! I say F china!

ASUPilot

Godspeed to our diplomats today!

Status
Not open for further replies.