• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Api Prt

Mamrotu73

I've heard the API PRT has different standards than the regular Navy PRT. Can anyone verify this? And if so, do you know what the standards are (male & female)?
Also, can you opt to do the swim instead of the run?

Oakley568

DI$BO
Hopefully this helps...when you're in API you will take the official Navy PFA/PRT at least once and you will be subjected to the regular standards. However, you could be asking about the PRT we take for the physical and the random ones they throw at you. For these PRTs...they only require that you do 50 push ups, 60 sit ups, and run 1.5 miles in under 12:00 (for a wood chip trail). Keep in mind this has been my API experience so far (A-pool) and it could be different for you. I don't know if you can opt to swim or not.

Rubiks06

pilot
no swim option sorry....and dont forget that that chip trail is going to add anywhere from 45 seconds to a minute to your flat pavement time...look it the bright side...you arent running it in june...

navysoccer18

FNG
pilot
For men, they require that you complete the 1.5 mile run in 12:00 to pass the initial API PRT. I'm not sure what the time requirement for women is, though. The other events simply require you to pass with the normal numbers. I actually struggled a bit with the running when I arrived in Pensacola because I was not used to the high humidity and heat that you experience in Pensacola in the summer. Just keep yourself fit and you will have no problem.

IRfly

None
What about the PRT at the beginning of API? Isn't that run on the track? Is that on Day Zero or the Monday after?

Snacks

Everyone leave, I have to poop. NOW!!!
For men, they require that you complete the 1.5 mile run in 12:00 to pass the initial API PRT.

Depends on your age too. Us older folks get a little more time. And yes, the chip trail sucks, it will add 45 secs to 1 min to your time.

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
What about the PRT at the beginning of API? Isn't that run on the track? Is that on Day Zero or the Monday after?

It depends on your NASC instructors. Some will do it on the chip trail while others will do it on the track. Totally random. So if I were you, I'd prepare for the worse and run on the chip trail for practice.

PRT is the Monday following Day Zero.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Can't understress the issue of running and being ready for the run on the chip trail. It's a huge pain in the a*s, and if you did like me and kind of laxed off once you got here it's even harder.

Times are 12:00 under 24, 25-30 it's 12:54. That's for the men, I can't remember the women's times.

hourocket

Bullseye
None
My class tried to do the API PRT on the track and the instructor told us they do it on the chip trail because it isnt a offical PRT, just a PRT for API, even though if you fail it you will get a pink sheet. And yes the chip trail sucks, practice on it more than once.

IRfly

None
I actually prefer the chip trail...The uneven surface is easier on my poor joints which have been pounded by 20 years of soccer :) .

Mamrotu73

My class tried to do the API PRT on the track and the instructor told us they do it on the chip trail because it isnt a offical PRT, just a PRT for API, even though if you fail it you will get a pink sheet. And yes the chip trail sucks, practice on it more than once.

And a pink sheet means/does what to you? (Sorry, dumb AF question...)
Does it just say "Hey, suck less." or does it have an actual impact on you and your training?

Pags

N/A
pilot
Pink slip means that you should look for employment somewhere else.

Ugh...bad gouge. A pink sheet means you failed something, be it a PRT, a test, or a flight. Obviously, you want to keep these to a minumum and to make sure they're for something hard and not for something stupid like failing the API run because you decided not to PT once you got commissioned. Too many of them and then you might have to start seeking new employment. Best to save them for the actual flying part of flight school.