• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

api flight physical

wmichfly

just curious, i graduate OCS in like a week and will be heading down to pcola for api. Is it the full flight physical we do all over again down there or an abbreviated version of the flight physical we did the first week of OCS?

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
just curious, i graduate OCS in like a week and will be heading down to pcola for api. Is it the full flight physical we do all over again down there or an abbreviated version of the flight physical we did the first week of OCS?

Have you done a flight phys with NAMI yet? If not, expect a long form. (May be different for Navy, but Marines who didn't do a flight physical with NAMI had to do a long form with them, those of us who did one down here previously only had to do a short form with the clinic)

wmichfly

not sure if it was with nami or not, OCS first week was kind of a blur. We did an EKG and the whole nine yards, it was a pretty thorough physical, assuming it was a long form. What does the short form consist of? I'm only concerned because i passed the eye exam up here but my left eye is borderline and don't want to fail for something down there after all of this. But i guess i shouldn't worry if something happens it happens.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
not sure if it was with nami or not, OCS first week was kind of a blur. We did an EKG and the whole nine yards, it was a pretty thorough physical, assuming it was a long form. What does the short form consist of? I'm only concerned because i passed the eye exam up here but my left eye is borderline and don't want to fail for something down there after all of this. But i guess i shouldn't worry if something happens it happens.

Eyes are checked the same way for both longs and short forms.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Unless you had your 25th bday while at OCS, you'll be up for a short form at NAMI. Fairly quick and dirty. Expect a rigorous eye exam though. Talk to the NAMI doc after going through the stations and you'll get your upchit.

Wudgles

Cause I am most ill and I'm rhymin' and stealin'
pilot
Unless you had your 25th bday while at OCS, you'll be up for a short form at NAMI. Fairly quick and dirty. Expect a rigorous eye exam though. Talk to the NAMI doc after going through the stations and you'll get your upchit.

YUP. Did mine two weeks ago. They do the short form, plus the standard eye exam. One of my friends, however, was unlucky enough to have his eyes dilated just because the doc needed proficiency or something. He was pretty pissed. Kicked my ass at golf later that day, though.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
When I did it two years ago the OCS types didn't have to do the whole NAMI fun. My roommate at the time was an OCS grad and she just went in, met with the flight doc, and got her up chit. I, however, managed to get stuck at the bottom of the pile for every station they had, to the point they made me come back after lunch and sit around and wait until the flight docs came back, which caused me to miss up classing up for IFS. I was not amused.

dhinkle5

pilot
I thought it was mandatory for ALL OCS people to get the NAMI on the 2nd or 3rd day, the long form. Is this not correct?

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
I thought it was mandatory for ALL OCS people to get the NAMI on the 2nd or 3rd day, the long form. Is this not correct?

No. OCS guys get the long form at OCS first week. When you get the PCola, unless you had a 25th bday between InDoc and coming to PCola, it's a short form.