• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AOCS active duty enlisted vs prior service

Status
Not open for further replies.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Ok, I am currently at a crossroads and was wondering if anyone knows where I can find some answers.

My EAOS is November 05' and I am currently looking at my options to becomming an aviator. As per bupers instruction 1420.1a ch 4 the age requirement for ocs pilot option is 27 (waiverable up to 48 months). If I decide to get out next November I'll be 27 1/2. As it looks now I should be able to complete a degree through Colorado Tech University in about two years. So, here comes my question. Does anyone know if there is a difference between acceptance as an aviator between prior service enlisted and active duty enlisted?

I'm just looking at my options and am comming up on orders and trying to figure out what may be my best course for the end goal. I have also submitted a STA-21 application but will need to be under orders prior to October and just need some info. Thanks for your time.

V/R
FC1(SW) Dohnal

F414Guy

Your wrong. The maximum age for pilot with prior service is 31. Check 1420.1a ch 4 enclosure 1 page 4-3. Maximum age for NFO is 32.

Vic

Your MOM!
pilot
if you get out then If you have a problem in flight school you get booted, but if you have no break in service, you'll have an easier time keeping your job.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Ok, I guess I didn't put the question that well. I'm wondering if there is a greater advantage being active duty enlisted vs prior enlisted in the selection process

Status
Not open for further replies.