• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone Want a Vintage Bonanza?

ACowboyinTexas

Armed and Dangerous
pilot
Contributor
Charlie and I are selling our 1949 Bonanza. You can read all about it on the attached flyer. AOPA values it out at $29,000. We had it sold at $30,000, but the buyer died in an Extra 300 accident. I know, ironic, tragic, lots of different adjectives. Anyway, if you've got $29,900 she can be all yours.
Disregard the $36K price and the first phone number. I'm never around so call Charlie at the second number.
Mods, I looked for a "classifieds" thread and to see if there was a policy against selling but couldn't find anything. If this needs to be moved or deleted, I'll understand.
Cheers,
Cowboy

Attachments

• Bonanza for Sale.pdf
    305.2 KB · Views: 174

Fallonflyr

pilot
Just got my 1955 F35 flying after a 9 year sit in the hanger. Got to love the old E-Series. Yours looks great, also looks like a great buy-good luck.

ACowboyinTexas

Armed and Dangerous
pilot
Contributor
OK, I still suck at proof-reading. Where it says; "AOPA values it out at $29,000." in the original post, I should have put $39,000. Otherwise the new price of $29,900 makes very little sense. Due to my heinous mistake, I'll throw in a six-pack to the new buyer.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Cowboy, I moved this over to "Hot Deals." It's the closest thing we've got to a Classified section and everyone can see it. Hopefully that works. You can go in and edit your first post, if you want. I was going to, but was afraid I was going to further mess up your price(s).

highside7r

None
As much as I would rather buy from a "trusted" AW member, not sure my first plane should be anything with retracts. Beautiful classic and I remember the thread you had for paint ideas.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Hmmm. . .could I throw a 50 gallon gas tank in the back seat and make it to Hawaii. . .

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
What's the annual operating cost in fuel, ADs, insurance etc on your doctor killer? I'd love to own an airplane one day, but can't get past the fact that I essentially need to have an extra half mil lying around just in case the thing needs fixin'.

ACowboyinTexas

Armed and Dangerous
pilot
Contributor
Cost per year is about $800 for liability and hull insurance, $300-$500 for annual inspections, + any maintenance required. She's been gone through pretty well for the past 3 years, so maintenance items should not occur for quite awhile. Engine is at about 500 hours on a 2000 Time Before Over Haul. She burns 12-13 gallons per hour of 100LL or Auto gas if you can find it without ethanol. Shoot, you almost can't afford NOT to buy her...

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Cost per year is about $800 for liability and hull insurance, $300-$500 for annual inspections, + any maintenance required. She's been gone through pretty well for the past 3 years, so maintenance items should not occur for quite awhile. Engine is at about 500 hours on a 2000 Time Before Over Haul. She burns 12-13 gallons per hour of 100LL or Auto gas if you can find it without ethanol. Shoot, you almost can't afford NOT to buy her...

You've probably got some beach front property in Arizona you'll cut me a real good deal on, too, dont ya? Sounds like a fun plane though. Like the paint job. What's got you parting ways with her, if you don't mind my asking?

ACowboyinTexas

Armed and Dangerous
pilot
Contributor
The plane is IFR capable, but hasn't been certified in years. I think all it would take is an avionics shop to certify the altitude encoding transponder. She has VOR/ILS and a certified GPS. I'm selling her, because Red just doesn't enjoy flying in small planes at all, and this is really too much plane for just me to play around in. It's more for taking the wife and kids on weekend trips.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Charlie and I are selling our 1949 Bonanza. You can read all about it on the attached flyer. AOPA values it out at $29,000. We had it sold at $30,000, but the buyer died in an Extra 300 accident. I know, ironic, tragic, lots of different adjectives. Anyway, if you've got $29,900 she can be all yours.
Disregard the $36K price and the first phone number. I'm never around so call Charlie at the second number.
Mods, I looked for a "classifieds" thread and to see if there was a policy against selling but couldn't find anything. If this needs to be moved or deleted, I'll understand.
Cheers,
Cowboy

Maybe not the same Extra 300, but RIP Motard.

As for the airplane, let me think about it. Sounds like a decent deal.

Fallonflyr

pilot
What's the annual operating cost in fuel, ADs, insurance etc on your doctor killer? I'd love to own an airplane one day, but can't get past the fact that I essentially need to have an extra half mil lying around just in case the thing needs fixin'.

You have got is backwards, Dr's kill Bonanzas.

Sapper!

Excuse the BS...
Was tooling through some ads on Barnstormers and some equivalent Bonanzas were going for alot more mula, doesn't mean either one is a fair price (the internets, you know how they are). But at least it seems like this is a very serious selling offer for a clean looking air craft, good luck with the sale!