• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone knoe if INTEL is full for FY03?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bisouss69

Wondering if anyone knows if intel/ crypto/ or supply is filled for FY03? I am applying for OCS and put in for those three. I cant get any info from my NCC.

libertyuguy

Hey, Intel and Crypto are on my list too, and my recruiter told me that there were still some slots left, but you need to hurry. I hear Crypto/Intel boards are especially slow.

Jake

bisouss69

thanks for the info liberty guy. I am trying to get it but little pitty stuff is holding it up... I know the beinging of the fical year is better.. but I am enlisted and the poeple who I need to subit it with are always deployed somewheres. If crypto/intel are full..i'll be happy with supply. I still have 2 1/2 year left on my enlisted contract. If I dont like supply I'll get out or try for a lateral xfer or even go into the airforce or army.

richwebb

I don't know how many slots are open, but I do know Intel is EXTREMELY slow right now. I put my app in on Oct 10. That's more than 3 months ago. Still no word. Just something to consider.

sassen

i was hearing from my recruiter that the navy over-recruited for last year, the result being that a lot of areas are being extremely selective about who is admitted, if they are even admitted at all, he was saying that they may not even consider you if you aren't a junior or sophomore who would come into the program a few years from now, i was accepted last august (after i graduated college)for nfo and was given september 03 as my ocs date, i think he said supply was the exception, they still have a lot of openings, bear in mind this is just what i heard from my recruiter and isn't necessarily true, good luck to you all!

"Peace over anger, honor over hate, strength over fear."

bisouss69

Thanks for the info guys. I am enlisted and it is hard to hear whats going on. I am stationed in pearl harbor and it seems that the NCC never put a OCS packet in before (or I dont think they have had one - STA-21 seems to be very popular program) so I really have no way of finding out. When I placed my packet in for OCS the first time (same time I enlisted) my mother had 2 capt. call my home to speak to me. I was at GLakes in boot so I never got found out anything.. other than the speculation that most likely they were calling me because the designators I chose (intel/crypto) were full.. and to switch to something that was open. Or there was something wrong with my application - but if that was the case MEPS - officer programs should of caught it. Supply isnt bad... it isnt hard beleive me. I think the only hard thing is the people who work for you.. becasue in all services .. they dont recruit the brightest lightbulbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.