• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone here interviewed for CWE? Tips?

Greetings! I am graduating with a computer science degree from an approved school (NSA CAE). GPA is a 3.5. I currently a reservist in a different branch. I am retaking the OAR to get at least a 50 since I didn't study the first time and only got 45. Does anyone have any experience with the application/interviews? My only issue is that I have no programming job experience but plenty of technical programming skill from senior projects etc.... Any recommendations/tips would be appreciated :)

nick3893

Hey! No personal experience unfortunately, but I'm also studying computer science and considering CWE once I graduate. From what I've seen online, I remember reading that the interview will of course be very technical. I think you will be interviewing with the commander of Navy Cyber(?), and that it will be on a similar level to a FAANG interview. So I suppose you should be practice solving a few harder Leetcode type problems, as well as having good knowledge about computing in general. If anyone else has better/updated gouge, please feel free to correct me.

I'm sure you know how competitive CWE is already (I think very few get in each year, maybe like up to 10 people?), but I think you should also consider CWO as well. I don't think CWO is as hands on and technical as a CWE, but we would still be using our degrees in some capacity at least

exNavyOffRec

Greetings! I am graduating with a computer science degree from an approved school (NSA CAE). GPA is a 3.5. I currently a reservist in a different branch. I am retaking the OAR to get at least a 50 since I didn't study the first time and only got 45. Does anyone have any experience with the application/interviews? My only issue is that I have no programming job experience but plenty of technical programming skill from senior projects etc.... Any recommendations/tips would be appreciated :)

CWE is not going to be impressed if you get a 50 vice 45, they will be impressed by your interview, unfortunately CWE is one of those where trying to find people that have interviewed is nearly impossible, you by all means can retake the OAR, but just be aware it will have no bearing on whether you get selected or not.

exNavyOffRec

Hey! No personal experience unfortunately, but I'm also studying computer science and considering CWE once I graduate. From what I've seen online, I remember reading that the interview will of course be very technical. I think you will be interviewing with the commander of Navy Cyber(?), and that it will be on a similar level to a FAANG interview. So I suppose you should be practice solving a few harder Leetcode type problems, as well as having good knowledge about computing in general. If anyone else has better/updated gouge, please feel free to correct me.

I'm sure you know how competitive CWE is already (I think very few get in each year, maybe like up to 10 people?), but I think you should also consider CWO as well. I don't think CWO is as hands on and technical as a CWE, but we would still be using our degrees in some capacity at least
It is very competitive, but it is because of the standards they have not due to number of applicants, currently they don't have enough to pick from to make goal, CWE has missed goal in the past as they would rather miss goal than select people they feel are not up to the standard.

From
CWE is not going to be impressed if you get a 50 vice 45, they will be impressed by your interview, unfortunately CWE is one of those where trying to find people that have interviewed is nearly impossible, you by all means can retake the OAR, but just be aware it will have no bearing on whether you get selected or not.

Thank you for the insight, my recruiter was telling that they need more applicants so I had a better chance, but I I didn't know that it wouldn't really make a difference. I guess I'll keep CWO/IP as my other options just in case.