• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone have the official navy male prt standards? + How to schedule a PRT?

cgoetz

Does anyone have the official navy male prt standards for a 20-24 year old? I need the latest ones. I looked at ones that were issued in 05 and I'm not sure if they updated them since then.

cgoetz

What is required for PRT?

Does anyone know what you have to do to schedule your PRT. I mean obiviously you have to set it up with your recruiter, but do you have to have any paperwork ready or do you have to have your medical exam already done before you go?

schwarti

Contributor
Your recruiter will (or should) let you know when he or she wants you to get it done, don't sweat it. Just be ready to get it done when they say go, regardless of circumstance - I'd spent a lot of time dealing with a loss in the family right before I took mine and so didn't pass the first time. Even with a good excuse, it's still only an excuse, so be ready to pass. (For the record, I passed pretty easily my second time around a few weeks later.)

Search around here, a lot of these questions come up fairly often. Good luck.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
My recruiter wants me to take it right before we submit. I have everything else done and head to MEPS for my physical tomorrow.

cgoetz

Got a bit of a problem here

I'm hoping to arrange my PRT before I go back college in August, however I have been practicing pretty much every day for it but at the time I was basing everything on the old PRT standards from like 05' and that I could easily get myself into the good high category. However now that I have seen the new PRT standards and know where I am at know and given the time frame I have given myself I think it will be more realistic for me to achieve satisfactory low or high. I don't know if the boards will like to see numbers that low. Really I know I can do better once I am given the time, all I wanna do is get my packet in and see what they say because I'm tired of sitting on my hands. Can anyone give me any advice?

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
I'm hoping to arrange my PRT before I go back college in August, however I have been practicing pretty much every day for it but at the time I was basing everything on the old PRT standards from like 05' and that I could easily get myself into the good high category. However now that I have seen the new PRT standards and know where I am at know and given the time frame I have given myself I think it will be more realistic for me to achieve satisfactory low or high. I don't know if the boards will like to see numbers that low. Really I know I can do better once I am given the time, all I wanna do is get my packet in and see what they say because I'm tired of sitting on my hands. Can anyone give me any advice?

Goob83 will tell you, "Good Low or you don't go!"

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
What part of it are you not doing well on? Most of the stuff on there isn't hard to get, although I personally had the most trouble with push ups (given the short time frame I had to prepare, I ended up doing a few hundred every other day).

navy09

None
Get off the computer, stop whining, and go work out. Good low isn't hard to achieve.

+1...for most college-aged guys, an excellent low shouldn't be too hard to get to with a month of good training.

Just out of curiosity, how different could the '05 standards possibly have been from today's?

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator

If you are in the Satisfactory range based on our current standards...you are out of shape in some form. I don't think the standards have changed a ton since '05, so I don't know where you are coming from on that end.

Is there a specific event that you are bad at? An OVERALL score in the Satisfactory range is not good, and I'd bet it's more than one event that is hurting.

Lobster

Get off the computer, stop whining, and go work out. Good low isn't hard to achieve.

I'll second that, I find push-ups and sit ups are easy to do when you're watching TV, every time a commercial comes on crank out as many as you can and alternate between the two. You shouldn't have too much trouble putting out decent results if you give'r a little bit.

cgoetz

Well guys you motivated me. Your right I'm being a wimp about this. I mean yeah its hard but not impossible. After all its not like I'm planning to do my PRT next week. I'm probably going to schedule it sometime at the end of next month before I go back to school. I think I'm goin to go and do some sit-ups and pushups while I'm watchin TV. I'm goin to run my ass of tomorrow morning. Thanks guys for helping me find my pair.