• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone have experience getting into OCS who can tell me what they think my chances are?

Mrosenberg

Mountainman
Trying to get into SWO community. OAR 58, GPA 2.96, significant leadership experience in the outdoor industry as a high altitude guide for 5 years. 30 y/o.

Mrosenberg

Mountainman
I just did! It’s been a battle to get to this point even, had to get some waivers. But I was able to enlist which got me past the medical portion. So either way, I get to serve.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
I'm really thankful my OSO (pre-google days), told young me not to get on any busses at MEPS. He was joking mostly, I think, but maybe not...

Either way, to the OP, grow where you are planted and good luck.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hey, I just want to serve my country before I’m to old too.
I think what people are finding a bit concerning is that you went from asking how to get into OCS to announcing that you enlisted within the space of 2.5 hours. How about filling us all in on how your day unfolded yesterday and how you arrived at your decision to enlist.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Trying to get into SWO community. OAR 58, GPA 2.96, significant leadership experience in the outdoor industry as a high altitude guide for 5 years. 30 y/o.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. I had a 2.6 GPA and still got in.

I just did! It’s been a battle to get to this point even, had to get some waivers. But I was able to enlist which got me past the medical portion. So either way, I get to serve.

Did your recruiter convince you to go undesignated as well? That's gonna be a rough time.

Mrosenberg

Mountainman
I think what people are finding a bit concerning is that you went from asking how to get into OCS to announcing that you enlisted within the space of 2.5 hours. How about filling us all in on how your day unfolded yesterday and how you arrived at your decision to enlist.
Gotcha. Well I started trying to get into the navy (OCS) in 2017. Because of a shoulder injury in 2013 and an instance of heart burn that were both in my medical record, I was not given the opportunity to go to MEPs. I tried another recruiter a year later and same result. I even had doctors letters saying my shoulder is fine, still no. Over the course of a few years I changed recruiters 3 times and finally, in June 2020 I was given a letter from the navy that basically said we can’t give you a waiver, you can try again in two years. By which time I would be to old for SWO. I worked with an enlisted recruiter who was able to get me a waiver finally. I am now dual processing. I have a ship date in august for navy boot camp. If I don’t get into OCS, that’s where I’ll be heading.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. I had a 2.6 GPA and still got in.

Did your recruiter convince you to go undesignated as well? That's gonna be a rough time.
Slightly different circumstances, but I had an undesignated airman check in with a masters from USC in petroleum engineering (undergrad at Stanford). He was an immigrant from Vietnam and he ultimately wanted to serve as an officer. Enlisting was a pathway to citizenship. He was... a great American.