• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone else applying to UW-Madison and feel like they're pulling teeth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Ok, Wisconsin has had my application and everything to go with it since the second week of November. However, I still have not been able to speak to a admissions counselor nor have I been able to get any word on what's going on with my application. This is just ridiculous. Minnesota and UW-Milwaukee however, have been absolutely great. The guys from minnesota have told me everything looks great and I should have something next week. Same with UW-Milwaukee. Bah, of course University Wisconsin-Madison is my first choice and the biggest pain in the butt.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Don't fret and be patient. I applied to Wisconsin back in 1997. Keep in mind, Wisconsin is a much bigger school than UW-milwaukee. Also, how long has Minn. had your app? It looks like Wisconsin has only had your application for about 2 or 3 weeks. Even though they're on rolling admissions, it takes a little longer than that. If I recall, it took about 2 months to receive the fat envelope from Wisconsin, and with Penn State (a similar sized school that uses rolling admissions), they received my application in Mid October, and I heard back in Mid December.

Also, be glad you're applying to schools that use rolling admissions. Typical colleges have a Jan/Feb deadline date, and regardless of when you applied, all applicants are notified in the same month (usually march or April), with D-day being in May.

fc2spyguy

pilot
Contributor
Well, Minnesota got my app 2 weeks ago. The only problem with being patient is I have to have a college admissions letter and a degree plan to STA-21 by December 20th. I know, still plenty of time but I just don't like pushing deadlines.

Country Boy

Proud Father
I know exactly what you're talking about. U-W Madison is my first choice, too. The only difference is that I'm a nuke, so I don't have many other choices. My application was complete on Nov 15th (about the same as yours) and they told me 4-6 weeks, which I definitely do not have at the moment. I have been in intermittent contact with the Nuclear Programs Officer up there (his contact info is on the NROTC website) and he understands about the deadlines. He also said that he just lets most people get accepted through the normal process and doesn't have to "push" many applications through. I'm not sure if he would be your first point of contact there, most likely he is. Also, if you need to contact him, call the phone number because between my friend (who is also applying there) and I, we have had none of our e-mails responded to, only phone calls. My deadline is Jan 10th, but if you count Christmas break, it is essentially the same as yours. If I hear anything more, I'll be sure to post it for you.

fc2spyguy

pilot
Contributor
Funny how this works. I've been trying to get in contact with my admissions counselor for over a month now with no luck. So, I had my father give his friend our state congressman a call. Congressman calls admissions I get a call from admissions and in one day I am admitted with a letter on the way. Funny how the guys with the budget strings get so much done in one phone call and one day. Something I couldn't get done in a month. Oh well, first choice school locked in I guess that's all that matters. :icon_mi_1

NukeWife

Smiling like I mean it
Country Boy said:
He also said that he just lets most people get accepted through the normal process and doesn't have to "push" many applications through. I'm not sure if he would be your first point of contact there, most likely he is. Also, if you need to contact him, call the phone number because between my friend (who is also applying there) and I, we have had none of our e-mails responded to, only phone calls. My deadline is Jan 10th, but if you count Christmas break, it is essentially the same as yours. If I hear anything more, I'll be sure to post it for you.

Country Boy, I see you're in SC, I don't know if you're at NNPTC or NPTU, but I'm assuming that you went to the same breifing that my hubby did. There was a chick there, the LT in charge of the STA program (not sure if I can post her name here)...anyway, my hubby was not making much progress with his contacts at the school he wants. He called her, and magically, his contact person calls and e-mails him within the hour and coincidentally, his transcripts (which the school kept saying they either didn't have or hadn't got to yet) were found. Of course, he still doesn't have an acceptance letter (this all happened the end of last week), but things are definitely moving.

Country Boy

Proud Father
Yes, I've been a SPU at NPTU for about 2 LONG years now. I went to the brief and I know exactly what and who you're talking about. My friend and I both applied to Wisconsin and have been having trouble. We had the CCC contact the LT at NSTC for us and she called and talked to the NPO at Wisconsin, but he is still not helping us until the first week of January. I just decided to choose my 2nd choice of Auburn which has been MORE than helpful and a school to which I was accepted a whole 3 days after applying to. Good Luck with your school!

Country Boy

Proud Father
Now that I'm looking more into it, Auburn looks a whole lot better than Wisconsin did. It's also about 11 hours further from home (which isn't all that bad either!)

Status
Not open for further replies.