• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anybody had a bone spur on their wrist?

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
I thought I had a ganglion cyst on my left wrist because I already had one removed from my right hand. I just had surgery on my left hand. Turns out it was actually a bone spur. Is there anybody out there who's had this who can PM me? I just don't want to get NPQ'd for this. My hand is in rough shape right now. Pushups are completely out of the question at the current time. I hope it heals and everything is fine and the doctors don't care. Thanks guys.

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
The doctor just informed me that I probably will not be able to do push ups again until mid May because of my surgery.

With my BDCP PRT date of May 19th and an OCS date of June 30th, does anybody foresee this being an issue?

Do you think they would allow me to delay the PRT for another few weeks before giving me clearance to OCS? BDCP PRTs are supposed to be in May and October.

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
It's been almost a month now since surgery and I have pretty much zero range of motion. Not healing at all.

Would the Navy allow me to do knuckle push ups (if I am even able to do them) in OCS? Anybody seen this happen?

BigRed389

None
Just try to get the date pushed if you don't think you'll be able to do pushups...

The consequences of getting injured at NAVY OCS sound pretty fvcking awful from what's been posted around here.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Are you right or left handed? That could be a big deal if you know what I mean :)

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
Also, anybody had any luck with massaging scar tissue? There is a pretty solid mass forming around the incision. It's probably not helping the range of motion. I'm just praying it will go away.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Also, anybody had any luck with massaging scar tissue? There is a pretty solid mass forming around the incision. It's probably not helping the range of motion. I'm just praying it will go away.

And I'm hoping Santa Clause will be sliding down the chimney for Xmas. ;)

Brett

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor

The surgeons that I know tell me that if you massage the area under an incision that it can help prevent scar tissue.

Thought I'd bring this topic back up. I've had a ganglion cyst that keeps appearing and going away on my left hand for years. It has never really been a problem but recently, pushups are becomming more difficult. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about dealing with ganglion cysts. The last thing I want right now is to be med down.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
First get one of these....
phonebook.jpg

Then have a friend slam it down on your wrist's ganglion cyst with your hand flat on a table....:eek:

Mind you this is the "old school" treatment method...:D

First get one of these....
phonebook.jpg

Then have a friend slam it down on your wrist's ganglion cyst with your hand flat on a table....:eek:

Mind you this is the "old school" treatment method...:D

Haha, I've heard of this treatment method. Mine got about as big around as a nickel when I was in high school and went away after it got hit dead on by a baseball.