• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any way to switch designators?

J-Har

On my BDCP app I put Intel/SWO/NFO and have been pro rec SWO and NFO but am waiting on intel. This was very early on in my app and I have done alot of research and thinking and decided that if I had gotten pro rec for NFO thats where I want to go.

Unfortuntely, I found out from my recruiter that because I did not put NFO first that I will not be able to FS for it. I put my choices as Intel/SWO/NFO because I thought I had no chance as NFO because of not perfect vision.

Is there anyway that I can choose or switch between designators that I have been pro-rec for. I had to pick my choices very early on in the application process and thought I could choose between the three. How difficult is it to change designators once in OCS?

If I do get pro-rec for intel, do I have to take it? I also note that it is a rl line and I am not sure how I feel or what it means to be in that line if I want to make a career out of the navy?

I am very excited and happy to be pro-rec at all and am looking forward to serving in the Navy, I just want to make sure I will be happy and not make a rushed decision. From what I have read here, intel seems to be much more of an independent position and somewhat alienated but then again I really don't know.

Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Semisonic9

There's a few guys on here who have done it. Although the main focus seems to be on swapping from non-flight to flight-related fields...that might just be because the site is named AIRwarriors.

I'd use the search feature to turn up some threads about people who have swapped. I know I posted a similar question about a month ago.

Casual

Jammin'
None
Not sure why your recruiter is saying you can't select NFO if you were pro-rec'd for it. I thought that was the point of putting down more than one field.

porw0004

standard-issue stud v2.0
pilot
If you are pro rec'ed for multiple designators you can choose any one you want to accept. You applied for a job, had an "interview", and they made you a job offer, in fact, you got multiple offers. Unless things have changed in the last year, your recruiter is BSing you or doesn't know better. Don't let yourself get pigeon-holed into something you'd rather not do when you have options.

Get a second, or third, opinion from a professional who is currently in the know (ask other recuiters elsewhere).