• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any UFC Fans???

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
UFC just announced it on Facebook...the Velasquez v. Dos Santos fight is going to air on Fox. Finally don't have to cough up 50 bucks to watch the fight at home. My money is on Velasquez, but Junior has some insane cardio for a heavyweight, If he can hold him off for a while he might be able come out with the win. I just don't want to have to wait till November!

http://www.ufc.com/news/First-Fox-Main-Event-Cain-vs-JDS

From what I understand they are supposed to do 4 of them on Fox in the next year. I am looking forward to the next Silva fight. I want to see someone give him a challenge.

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
I'll tell you what will make my year, is if Silva and GSP met at a catchweight of around 178 and battled it out. Silva has some crazy talent, but I think someone is going to catch him on the chin one day while he's doing one of his showboating stunts.

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
I'll tell you what will make my year, is if Silva and GSP met at a catchweight of around 178 and battled it out. Silva has some crazy talent, but I think someone is going to catch him on the chin one day while he's doing one of his showboating stunts.

GSP will not be the one to knock him out, though. He can only win by decision these days it seems.

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
GSP will not be the one to knock him out, though. He can only win by decision these days it seems.

Agreed. He dominates his fights, but somehow they are still kind of boring. He fights like he's playing chess, which obviously enables him to win, but it's always nice to see a good KO by way of a kick to the face!

Well, we will see. I have only ever seen him showboat when he already has control of the fight. I want to see him and GSP take it 3 rounds. From what I understand the UFC guys are saying that it is time for a Silva vs. GSP fight. I like both fighters but I still think Silva will take it.

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
Well, we will see. I have only ever seen him showboat when he already has control of the fight. I want to see him and GSP take it 3 rounds. From what I understand the UFC guys are saying that it is time for a Silva vs. GSP fight. I like both fighters but I still think Silva will take it.

Screw that, I don't want to see Silva go down in weight to fight someone without knockout power. I want to see Silva fight a legit light heavyweight like Rampage, Evans or Machida. Especially Machida. It would be interesting to watch and see who can dodge and duck the most punches. They would probably go the whole first round without touching each other except for touching gloves at the opening bell.

But if one of those legit light heavyweights lost to a middleweight it would end their career.

Yea, I would like to see him go up in weight more than I would like to see him go down. I kind of think that is where he will ultimately go if no one can beat him in his weight class. It would be like back in the day with Royce Gracie!