• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any suggestions?!

jmiller82

I'm done with all of my FINDOCS and they are ready to submit to CNRC for final select, except that I need to do the PRT (again)! I did it today, and I had been training to only do the minimum (gulp, here come the I told you so's) in the push-up/curl-up exercises. I'm an avid runner and actually got sub 12:00 today, but I've had better times (the heat of the day doesn't help either). However, I did 46 curl-ups, and 39 push-ups (to complete the Probationery requirements), and didn't realize I was actually supposed to be aiming for the Good - Low scores! Anyway, I've decided to go PT each and every day with a recent OCS grad ENS who is on TAD at the station for a little while. He's been very helpful as to how to get my numbers up, but I was wondering if you guys had any insight into what would help bring my numbers up within the next week (which is when I will retest on the PRT). I intend on going over and above the minimum from now on anyway, seeing as OCS will REQUIRE it of me, so that isn't quite the problem.. I just only have a week to get prepped again.. The curl-ups, ironically seem to be my worst area. Any and all advice is welcomed!

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
If you're a candidate you should be aiming for the max, not the min. Getting your scores to go radically higher in the next week isn't really feasible, but a couple of things that helped out my PRT score in days gone by was 45 min of stadiums (you read that right) followed by pushups and situps to failure x3. Sucks really badly, but will get you in shape rather quickly.

BigRed389

None
Advice?

Follow the Ensign. He probably knows what he's doing, and if he's willing to PT with you it'll be like having an on-site personal trainer. Beats Internet advice anyday.

Just keep in mind, if you have a week left, it's probably better not to do anything silly like try to start up a much more rigorous PT program...it'll at best do very little, at worst make your scores go down if you're not fully recovered.

Dalamara

Have atleast three days of full rest before your PRT test. Maybe jog a mile or two on those days but pretty much just get lots of rest and good food. Don't eat a lot of greasey stuff... eat more carbs(lots of pasta and rice, not grains), good protein, lots of fluids. Get atleast 9 hours of sleep a night. That's about the best thing you can do to make sure your scores improve on your PRT. From the exercise standpoint you don't have enough time to get any gains by doing more pushups/situps at this point.