• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any Reservists in PLC getting activated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jafar

Due to the stoploss/stopmove policy all candidates who are currently in the reserve are now deployable. Meaning if activated you must drop from the program untill you return. Anyone heard anything yet? I'm with "C" 4th Tanks and we're standing by. Unfortunate because I only have a year of school left. This will push me back quite a bit.

Adrenaline Rush

One of the kids who goes to my college was a reservist and then entered the PLC program, he was grabbed out of school and sent to Afghanistan for a year, now hes back, dont know if he has to go to Iraq now...In order to be sent off, you must be a reservist first correct? or can anyone in the PLC program be sent off?

I'd Rather Be A Lion For One Day, Than Be A Sheep For A Thousand Years

Jafar

Yes, this is strictly an issue concerning Marines who are currently in the reserve. Either prior enlisted guys who were active and now serving in the reserve during their IRR time or Reservists in college, etc. Civilian PLC candidates will not be affected by stoploss/stopmove in anyway. My IRR time ends June '03, but stoploss will keep me in drilling status. The only good thing to come out of this is my recent selection for Sergeant will mean I make decent money while playing around in the sand. (If we go...)

BRM21o

What's stoploss? I'm doing the incremental program so I haven't been to MCT or MOS training...can I still get activated? I Don't mind going, I just wish they would wait till I'm done with college and all my flight training lol.

Jafar

Maybe this page can help:

http://www.usmc.mil/marinelink/mcn2000.nsf/stoploss

What is your MOS supposed to be?

BRM21o

Thanks, I actually found that page right after I posted.

Motor-T.. but I'm trying to switch units so I can go to a different college, will the stopmove affect that? I'm still in DEP so I'm trying to switch over before I'm a Marine. If we go to war what impact do you think it will have on PLC slots? I still can't find anything on my other questions, I imagine they wouldn't send people that haven't finished all their training but who knows??

Jafar

That is definately a question for your recruiter. They have a finite number of slots per fiscal year for the local reserve units, so I don't know how a change prior to shipping would be handled. I'm not sure how Stopmove affects someone in the DEP if at all. Technically you are in your IRR time, but you're also not a Marine yet. As far as a move after you graduate boot camp, it must be approved on the division level now. So it's still possible, but 4th MarDiv would have to approve it.

Jafar

New Info:

I found MARADMIN 0700/03 after a Marine Officer on flightinfo.com forums gave me some heads up. Apparantly all commisioning programs are protected. The way I read it, is that if you have orders to OCS, that will supersede anything else. Here's the site.

http://www.usmc.mil/maradmins/maradmin2000.nsf/0872a7ac9a4c08a6852569b9000bc3f1/0e676386eb3a703785256ca700821555?OpenDocument

"MARINES IN RECEIPT OF PCS ORDERS TO AND
FROM THE FOLLOWING DUTY ASSIGNMENTS WILL EXECUTE ORDERS AS
PUBLISHED:
(10) ALL COMMISSIONING PROGRAMS TO INCLUDE THE BOOST PROGRAM"

I am confused. My command told me yesterday I was deployable. Which is true because I don't have orders to OCS yet. (package not approved yet.) However other candidates in the unit who actually have orders to OCS have been told they will go with the unit in the event of a deployment as well.

Any officers out there who can shed some light on this matter?

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
You should not be deployable. You have the support you need in the MarAdmin notice. Talk to your OSO and your OIC providing both of them with MarAdmin. They will understand and should assist you. My PLC Marines are executing orders to OCS, so I can't see why you should'nt. The unit can backfill your slot with someone from the IRR. That's what it's there for....let me know how it goes. Major Hein

Attack Pilot
Major USMCR

Status
Not open for further replies.