• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any recent acceptances?

Status
Not open for further replies.

contrail_dash

I applied in November..got turned down in March..."shattered" my wrist snowboarding in-between...so the rejection didn't matter. I'm not reapplying till I'm 110% recovered. But was just wondering what its been like for those of you still on that ball.

Here's my fun story...

The accident was January 7th, my surgery was in February, was in a cast till early April, couldnt even write again until May, started lifting weights/working out in June and the past two months have lost 20 pounds, and now 7 months after the accident I am finally able to pushups again. So I'm thinking that somewhere along the time frame of October I might reapply.

Oh and as far as the hardware in my wrist..I've been told by a 3 star in the AF who happens to be the surgeon general here...any problems...just go see him... "There are waivers for anything, just depends on who you know, and now you know me"

Keeping fingers crossed!

DairyCreamer

It took you 4 months to hear back from the selection board?! Holy hell that's a long time!

Now, are we talking Air Force or Navy here? What exactly were you applying for?

Just curious, cuz I dont want to sit here and think that the Navy board might take 4 months to get back to me! Thanks!

~Nate

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Swore in last week for BDCP... OCS date 2 October 2005

Meridiani

Hey, congrats olpa! You'll be starting OCS just as I'm getting ready to graduate.
icon_smile.gif

contrail_dash

I applied for Navy OCS. Anyways I guess it took soo long because of the holidays? I think that the more likely scenario is that the CWO submitting my package, didn't submit it when he said he did. Either way I still didn't get a slot nor would it have mattered. For me now its more of who I know rather than what I know since I just graduated. I can't change those grades!

Now though I'm thinking about either the AF or Air National Guard. Basically I'm trying to figure out where my best chances of getting a pilot slot are. I'd rather it be with the Navy.

I'm also wondering why they didn't consider me for a later OCS date since everything is kinda full for a while. Oh well. Good Luck to those of you who got slots!

My application got sent in about 3 months ago and I'm still waiting. I swear I'm about to like... rip my hair out because I'm constently stressing about it. :-( Plus, I don't understand why some people find out so quickly and others have to wait. I've read on here about people who've sent there apps in since I have, but already know. Unfair! grrr!

Status
Not open for further replies.