• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any OCS graduates for Supply Corp out there?

jaruman23

I am sorry I posted earlier about prior service members for OCS supply corp but what I meant was their any active duty persons that graduated from OCS recently and that since i was 31 years of age what were my chances of getting in.

J

exNavyOffRec

This make more sense, usually a processor or OPS would catch age issue on a kit.

The status of FY12 selections is not encouraging, they had a numbers cut about 2 weeks ago so they are over 5 people for FY12, it is unknown if they will do any FY13 selections at the Jan board, if they have a Jan board, there are some whispers going around it will be cancelled, which would be a good thing since then those people would be pushed to the next board.

exNavyOffRec

It really all comes down to 1) GPA, 2) in your case interviews and 3) OAR. A person that is on active duty with a poor GPA will not be able to overcome a poor GPA with active duty time, things are just way to competitive. In what I have seen anything over a 3.0 would be in the running, then I would say, what else do you have.

jaruman23

My GPA from saint leo university was a 3.5, OAR 41, and I am in the process of getting my interviews done this week. Now does the rank on the interview sheet matter. For example, for supply the highest rank I could get was a CDR. Do you think I have a competitve OAR score?

exNavyOffRec

GPA is good, the variable is what tier the school is a 3.5 from a tier 4 won't stack up to a say 3.2 from tier 1.

OAR is not good, I have yet to see a person with a score like that get picked up, however most times the people that I had with a low OAR also had a low GPA.

CDR is good, have you worked for any of these officers.

jaruman23

Are you a officer recruiter? Just had to ask. I found out that Saint Leo university is a tier one school. In addition to my OAR score when I called up to Bupers I was told that my score was competitve. Now I am under the assumption that if you are coming straight out of college that this score may not be good. Also according to the opnavinst. anything over a 40 is competitve. I do appericate your help.

exNavyOffRec

yes.

BUPERS does not do the boards so they are not in the loop. The competitive profile for Supply is low 50's, your GPA is greater than the profile.

However, how good or bad scores are makes no difference if there are not billets available.

jaruman23

Well thanks for the info. I will still submit anyway in the hopes that maybe something will happen. Do you know someone who has set boards in the past?

exNavyOffRec

Technically we are not supposed to know who sits the boards, but I have known people who have sat boards in the past, but not active supply.

If you haven't submitted you are in a better situation, the upcoming boards will be selecting for FY 13, the Jan board is supposed to be selecting only FY12.