• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any more ASTB practice tests?

jpham79

I've done all the ones from Arco. I've done the gouge on Airwarriors.com. And there seems to only be one ASTB gouge on here, and I've searched the forums as well as the internet pretty extensively. There seems to be a serious lack of practice tests for the ASTB. When I studied for the SAT's, there were tons of books, and each book had 7-10 practice tests. Anyone got any good tips?

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
You made a thread on this like a week ago. If you've done every test you can find I would imagine you're prepared for the test. Good luck.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
If you can pass everything in the ARCO book then there should be no reason to get other stuff. The test really isnt that hard. I'm not saying blow it off, but if you've studied everything you have, then you should be fine. Good luck on the test.

SGTUSMCMECEO

Spatial examples

Does anyone know where I can find examples/practice tests for the Spatial portion of the ASTB, I have to retake the test in a couple of weeks, and the examples in the ARCO book are different from the test

nugget81

pilot
The examples in the ARCO and other study guides are designed to give applicants the ability to develop a system to use on the actual test. If you do that, it won't matter what they show on the test because the fundamentals will remain the same. I suggest you search other threads on spatial app. to find suggestions and techniques that may be of great help. Best of luck!

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
yeah the book describes the method to doing them. You need to set up your own pattern. For example, is the plane going out to sea or is it moving away from the sea towards the shore. Then see if its going straight into the sea/shore or is it flying at some angle to it. Then is it banked to the left or the right (remember the picture will be backwards - plane banking to the left will show the picture banked to the right). That is the system that I used and I got them all right. You can do all that in whatever order you want, but the key thing is to do each one in the same order. Just go through the check list for each one. That way it will only take about 5-6 seconds per picture and you will have a nice systematic method to picking them instead of just randomly trying to figure out which pic matches which pic.

I do remember the test being really different from the ARCO book pics, but focus just on the method of solving them and you should be good to go.