• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any issues with weight loss and a SNA slot?

SRiley52

I started the process of applying for a SNA slot in March. I did fairly well on the ASTB (54 6 6 7) and have a decent GPA (3.4.) However, I started at 360lbs, which is obviously miles too heavy. I've lost down to just about 250lbs and am hoping to have the last 40ish off by the time my 6 month wait for Lasik waiver is up in February. I was just curious if anyone has seen anybody have any issues unique to weight loss affect their eligibility for SNA? The main thing, even though I don't have much at this point, is loose skin, but I'm curious if there's anything else I should be thinking about. Thanks for any help!

exNavyOffRec

I started the process of applying for a SNA slot in March. I did fairly well on the ASTB (54 6 6 7) and have a decent GPA (3.4.) However, I started at 360lbs, which is obviously miles too heavy. I've lost down to just about 250lbs and am hoping to have the last 40ish off by the time my 6 month wait for Lasik waiver is up in February. I was just curious if anyone has seen anybody have any issues unique to weight loss affect their eligibility for SNA? The main thing, even though I don't have much at this point, is loose skin, but I'm curious if there's anything else I should be thinking about. Thanks for any help!

just lose the weight in a healthy way and you should be fine.