• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any ASTB resources i can use? (1st: 38, 2nd:36)

ageagle

Hey all, hope you are all having a good day.

A month ago, i have decided to pursue a career through the military and wanting to apply to be a supply officer.
My recruiter asked me to take the OAR for the first time with 2 days to prep and scored a 38. Disappointed on the first score, I have decided to study everyday for 30 days, doing 30 math problems a day before going to work just to make sure I feel comfortable on the math section. I know the reading comprehension has no resources but purely based on comprehension skills since its all government related topics. Yesterday comes and I was hit with a big disappointment, i scored 2 pts lower compared to my first score while studying for almost everyday. I know quality comes over quantity but doing practice tests really helped me a lot on the math section. On the 2nd OAR take, i found the math part easier compared to the mechanical and reading so thats probably why i got a little lower score.

Im coming here to ask you all any information or resources that can help me on my last try. Thanks and have a great rest of your day.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

A month ago, i have decided to pursue a career through the military and wanting to apply to be a supply officer.
My recruiter asked me to take the OAR for the first time with 2 days to prep and scored a 38. Disappointed on the first score, I have decided to study everyday for 30 days, doing 30 math problems a day before going to work just to make sure I feel comfortable on the math section. I know the reading comprehension has no resources but purely based on comprehension skills since its all government related topics. Yesterday comes and I was hit with a big disappointment, i scored 2 pts lower compared to my first score while studying for almost everyday. I know quality comes over quantity but doing practice tests really helped me a lot on the math section. On the 2nd OAR take, i found the math part easier compared to the mechanical and reading so thats probably why i got a little lower score.

Im coming here to ask you all any information or resources that can help me on my last try. Thanks and have a great rest of your day.

Use the search function to find your answer on here - There’s a massive ASTB / OAR study section on here.

dav246

There are some flashcards on this page that will provide some practice problems (https://www.airwarriors.com/community/threads/astb-study-guide.40399/page-7), scroll down a bit to TheFlyingViking.

There is also Kyles ASTB prep: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1AvPi5oH_h_13TGajDvflDWkftwXO8LS6

Otherwise, I reccomend Khan Academy to relearn/rehash those basic Algebra and Trig concepts (there is no trig on the test, but math is math, and trig will help make your brain more mathy) and learning to be proficient with doing out all 4 arithmetic functions. Make sure you can do addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication longhand, including with decimals. And as mentioned, there are soooooooooooooo many more resources on this forum. This should do for a start, otherwise happy hunting. And good luck.