• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anti Depressants 8 years ago

SWOMan

I was hoping to gain some medical insight about if I need a waiver/ how feasible it will be. When I was 16 years old my parents went through a terrible divorce and I said some stupid things. This ended up with me being taken to my doctor that put me on Welbutrin for a 6 month period. During this time frame, I became very well and came off. I haven't used any form of medication since then, I'm 25 now... and I thrived at life. I graduated high school with a 4.1 GPA, I Double Majored in College, and I was part of multiple community service groups.

Due to the time frame of when I used the Meds, am I still going to need a waiver? If so, what are my chances of a waiver. Based on the BUMED list on page 74 http://www.med.navy.mil/sites/nmotc/nami/arwg/Documents/Wavier Guide Feb 2015/DODI_6130.03_JUL12.pdf
I would Qualify because :
Out Patient Care wasn't over 24 Months
haven't had treatment in over 36 months
Was never put into any inpatient treatment.

I'm currently waiting for my doctor to write me a letter ( he's got me on hurry up and wait time) so that I can submit to meps. Any insight on what the process will look like from here on in?

BackOrdered

Contributor
Everything you are doing checks out. So long as you haven't taken anything in the prescribed time and get that doctor's letter, everything should be fine.

SWOMan

I'm hating this hurry up and wait period. My Doctor sent my blood work back in for an additional test because my liver levels were slightly off, and a Hep C test takes an additional 1-2 weeks. He hasn't sent me a letter saying i'm healthy yet, even though i'm more worried about my anti depressant none usage lol