• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anthro Measurements

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldog06

I was wondering if anyone had the anthro measurements for the different navy aircraft, so I can see what I'd fit into.

thanks

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've got some info on the planes in the path to fighters, but that's it. It's too complicated to post all the stinkin' measurements, so if you think you're too big/small on a particular length then email me and I'll check for you (or anyone else who is curious.) From the information I have available, being too big/small doesn't necessarily DQ you from an aircraft. I believe you can do a cockpit fit-check to make sure you fit/don't fit. However, I haven't even been to OCS yet and am getting all my info from a book. So, all that being said, email me for specific questions.

cjh23

From the NOMI website:

ANTHROS
Required for applicants. No Waivers.

Sitting Height (SH) 32-41 in.

Functional Reach (FR) 28 in. or more

Buttock Knee Length (BKL) 21.9-28 in.

Buttock Leg Length (BLL) 36-50 in.

BKL is the most critical measurement. If member does not meet anthro standards on initial measurement he must be retested three times by the AVT and the flight surgeon. Please pay attention--these are frequently missed by examiners!

HEIGHT
Navy: 62" to 78" (M); 58" to 78" (F) for Commissioning in URL.
USMC: Minimum 66" (M) and 58" (F) for Commissioning

http://www.nomi.med.navy.mil/Nami/WaiverGuideTopics/exams.htm#sna

Make sure you check your measurements before you apply. I was halfway through the application process when my recruiter said I needed to get measured - turned out I was an inch too short on the BKL.

Rugger

Super Moderatress
Super Moderator
Contributor
Moreover, if you are "close," the anthro dude at NAMI will re-measure you, and his word is the final say. Supposedly, if you get DQd for flight when you're in Pcola, they still send you home. Don't know how true this is.

Rugger

The BKL is the one I'm most nervous about too. Everything else I'm also borderline on though. I'm only 5'0, so actully, I'm nervous about all of them! Haha! Ugh, they are probalby gonna measure me as many times as possible....

Status
Not open for further replies.