• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Another Vision Question

Slob91

Hey everyone,

I have a question about my vision. I used the search function and found nothing similar to my problem except this guy:

http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/sh...oor-Eyesight?highlight=vision+not+correctable

...but he was a douche and got shot down. Haha but anyway my right eye is 20/20 and my left is 20/30 however it is only correctable with glasses/contacts to 20/25....Everything I read says it needs to be correctable to 20/20. Is this entirely true or do you think I could get a waiver or something?? I think this may shoot down my dreams of flying as a naval aviator. :(

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Slob91

Yes I have, but I remember reading somewhere on this site that its a bad idea to get PRK before getting picked up for SNA or getting a flight physical (or something like that, I'm not really sure the details)...but I guess I don't really have a chance of getting picked up with uncorrectable vision anyway?

Im going to go to another eye doctor to get a second opinion, hopefully what he says is different.

craftingraptor

Dreaming about the P-8A
pilot
Yes I have, but I remember reading somewhere on this site that its a bad idea to get PRK before getting picked up for SNA or getting a flight physical
Everything I've read has pointed to having PRK done in advance of your Navy/MC career. My knowledge on the subject is, if you have PRK done the initial MEPS response is to dq you and then process a waiver if the PRK went well and your pre-op/post-op vision is within acceptable tolerances. I don't know for sure, but 6 months is generally the required wait before a flight physical after PRK.

EDIT: Doc, sorry about invading your space. I just thought I had the answers readily available. Please correct me if I'm in the wrong.

Slob91

Stupid me...I just did a google search of this topic and found a couple threads on this site that deal with this same topic.