• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Another Running Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpj_3050

I have asked around about the running paces and I am getting all sorts of different answers on the subject. I dont know but the 8:30 sounds really slow. I heard you end at 6:45 but I am not sure. I was just looking for a decent approximate on what paces I will be running.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
You just asked this question, and got alot of insight from multiple OCS graduates. I'm not sure why their answers weren't good enough for you, and I'm not sure why your request for clarification warranted it's own separate thread.

Just as you were told in the previous thread- the official answer is that run times start at 8:30, and end at 7:00/miles. However, this is not all that accurate since you run whatever speed the staff feels like running you, and paces always vary when you are running on hilly trails. If you go to OCS running slower than a 21 minute PFT you will have a tough time with running. If you go running less than 18 you will have an easy time with running.

mpj_3050

I am sorry Sir, if you are a sir, but I am just trying to get an accurate represenation of what I will be getting myself into. As for the rest of it I am a ****ing Marine and I served in Iraq. Not that behind the wire bull**** either, convoy security in the ****. So all I am is saying is that I was curious because this is the internet and half these people are college kinds in a dorms who dont know ****. I just wanted see how accurate this **** was.

Semper Fi

NickPollock19

Prospective Candidate for OCS
That's great that you served in Iraq and all, and I thank you, but to just some advice, if you go to OCS with even the slightest bit of attitude you just put forth, you are going to be in a world of Sh*t. Whatever you do, do not go into OCS thinking you are any better (or worse for that matter) than any of the other Candidates around you. You are a candidate, yes, you've earned your Eagle Globe and Anchor, but you haven't earned it in this path. Keep that in mind.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
mpj-
If you are already a Marine you should have a good understanding of how there are no absolute answers to questions like these. In addition to this you had better learn to keep your bearing if you plan on succeeding at OCS. Bring that "You are all college kids who don't know ****/ I'm a Marine who was in the ****" attitude to OCS and I'll guarantee you'll be sent home with an attrite stamp on your forehead.

S/F

Mayday

I thought that was the recline!
AAAaarrrghhh! (* tearing hair out *). You boys have just quoted fifteen other threads word for word. When are people going to realize that venting anonymously on an online forum has absolutely no bearing on one's actual military social survivability?? I think I'm gonna write a thesis after doing a thread search on the words "attitude" and "you had better".
In mpj's defense, doing convoy sec in the good ole sandbox is no joke. I'd venture to guess he's got a pretty good idea about teamwork and leadership and delegation and attitude and bearing and such, just as much if not more than an OCS grad, though I myself have no place commenting on the latter.
To keep a balance and not take sides though, mpj, wtf mate? Did you deploy so fast you didn't get a chance to do some decent formation running and forgot what it's like? C'mon now. It's all the same. Screaming your lungs out under intense scrutiny while trying to keep in pace and in step with the rest of a platoon is more than enough to drive all thoughts about exactly how fast you're running completely out of your head. Just hit the road at least once a day and stop worrying about mathematical analyzations, is my humble advice.

tspell314

Morty07
Hey if your prior enlisted thats good to go. (I am). And I know it is kind of hard letting these college kids running their mouths thinking they already are Marines and **** yada yada yada. But dont let that be your downfall. My OSO was also a prior and he said the priors do either really well, or suck really bad at OCS. Just keep in mind you already know you are a Marine, dont let these punk ass college kids get to you, believe it or not they might know some **** you dont. They know they dont know all the **** you do. So its a quid pro quo type of deal. Pick their brains and they'll pick yours. No need to pull the I'm better than you biness.

NickPollock19

Prospective Candidate for OCS
"These punk ass college kids" that made me pay attention to your post........believe it or not, those punk ass college kids were accepted under the same standards as you., so don't think you are automatically better than all of them because you are a prior, i hear it is a totaly different ball game, and being a prior, isn't gonna help you when it comes to what the Sgt Instructors expect from people. Great you are a prior, but we punk ass kids got accepted with the same requirment as you.

VAmookie

USMC_Candidate said:
That's great that you served in Iraq and all, and I thank you, but to just some advice, if you go to OCS with even the slightest bit of attitude you just put forth, you are going to be in a world of Sh*t. Whatever you do, do not go into OCS thinking you are any better (or worse for that matter) than any of the other Candidates around you. You are a candidate, yes, you've earned your Eagle Globe and Anchor, but you haven't earned it in this path. Keep that in mind.

I do i beg to differ. I went to PLC with some priors with attitudes. I have never met so many people that think their sh!t dont stink... and what i found was that the SI's are more likely to sympathize with these guys. This is not to generalize about all priors, cause i know a lot of you have done some great things out there in the shi!t, but it seems to me if you've got "that" attitude at OCS and you are "that" guy who is a prior, your not going to be in a world of shi!t like USMC Candidate says. Keep in mind however, that even if the SI's have their tongues up somebodies @ss and visa versa, doesnt mean they wont get this sh!t beat out of them by your fellow candidates

tspell314

Morty07
Hey USMC candidate, did you read the whole thing? I think you missed the point. Thats what I was saying. Once were at OCS it doesnt matter where you came from or what you did. There gonna sh!t on you anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.