• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Another PRT prep...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent00JP

Just thought I'd share this workout with y'all. Since the PRT is all about pushing the limits of muscle fatigue it is always best to incorporate a workout with little rest in your routine. Here is a good one I picked up from my Dad when he was a DI:

Set a timer to 15, 30 or 60 seconds (depending on your fitness level. if in doubt start at 15s). Do each of the following sets with no rest between (we'll use 30s for example).

30s of Push ups
30s of Sit ups
30s of Wide Arm Push ups
30s of Rocky Sit ups
30s of Diamond Push ups
30s of Crunches
30s of Rest
Repeat 3-5x

Even if you cannot perform the exercise for the complete interval, continue trying. Once you can perform the intevals move to the next higher time period.

If you're feeling rather frisky add a set of Chinese push ups and a set of flutter kicks.

Enjoy.

"Whether you think you can or cannot, you are probably right."
-Henry Ford

www.Fly-Navy.com

NuSnake

could you define rocky situps...thanks

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens."
- Jimi Hendrix

Agent00JP

Sure thing BDCPUAH,

Rocky situps are of two varieties. In the first, you place your hands on the side of your head. While performing the exercise you twist your torso touching the right elbow to the left knee. On the following situp, you touch the left elbow to the right knee. Repeat.

The other option is to twist twice during each situp. Start out by twisting your torso, pointing you right elbow toward your left knee by the halfway point. Then finish the situp by touching your left elbow to your right knee. Remember to reverse this on the next situp.

Hope that helps.

Jon Paul

-Henry Ford

www.Fly-Navy.com

NuSnake

ahh gotchya...been doin those, my the term we use is, "hey man lets do those twisty situps or whatever."

thanks though

Agent00JP

ROCKY is a much better name. You get to pretend you are working out to "Eye of the Tiger" in the middle of Siberia, or the 'hood, whichever you choose.

Yo ADRIAN!

-Henry Ford

www.Fly-Navy.com

Status
Not open for further replies.