• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Another mishap on film (no serious injuries)

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
This was on the news recently. Make sure you watch the video. The guy was a kind of stupid. Ok, really stupid.

Pilot Who Made Emergency Landing Crashes on Second Attempt

The pilot who made an emergency landing on a busy street near Baton Rouge Wednesday, crashed his plane while trying to take off from the same street Thursday afternoon. Television news crews captured the crash on videotape. The pilot was not injured.

http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=4038264

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
the average cost of 100LL.....$3.50
the cost of a plane tow .....$300
the cost of repairing your plane.....$40,000
the cost of catching all of this on video.....priceless

nugget81

pilot
Does anyone else find it ironic that he crashed because he hit the firetruck that would have come to his rescue had he, well, crashed....

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
What an amazing piece of moronic flying. Uggh.

Cessna 210 - what's that $150K easily? Idiot. Jesus.

East

东部
Contributor
I am wondering right now, who gave him the permission for taking off?
Is that the FAA, local authorities or just a word from the Mayor?

Over here if you ran out of gas your license would be revoked instantly due to poor flightplanning. Further the authorities will never allow you to take off from a non-air field/urban environment where you have the possabillity of endangering yourself or fellow citizens, unless you're with the EMS helo service.

People has lost their Hotballoon license for landing their balloon in unpopulated Farmersground due to extreme windgusts, without having permission, poor flightplanning. We also had to divert to another airfield because there was a Balloon in the cicuit but ATC didn't have a clue as the Ballooncrew's radio went NORDO. Turn's out to be caused by dead batteries.
We never had a visual but the Ballooncrew did notice us, the big white horsee...

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I like how "...the problem was that the firetruck wasn't far enough out of the road..." Um, no, the problem was not the firetruck.... Amazing how everything is somebody else's fault.

Riper Snifle

OCC 194 TBS C 03-07
Ouch, I don't think that pilot can blame anyone but himself for that incident. he should have just towed the plane back on a truck. You could take off from that kind of location but it seems there are too many variables to run into in that space as the pilot found out. Better luck next time.

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
I was having a pretty sh!tty day up until I saw the clip. Thanks Michael Simon of Eunice, Louisiana.

romey77

Hey, I got an idea about how to recoup his losses- why doesn't he send the video to AFV, I'm sure it'll at least get in the running for the 100K prize...