• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Another e2/c2 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I figured I'd throw this out here for the E2/C2 types on the board since my squadron doesn't have any to bug. Are E2 pilots at any disadvantage gaining rank, command, etc. since the mission seems to be NFO-dominated? How much crew coordination is there in flight, or do the FOs pretty much handle the show in the tube while the pilots drive the bus?

E2s and helos are competing for the same spot in my (theoretical at this point) selection card, and my flight leader is an HSL guy who's given me his side of the story. I was just hoping to get a counterpoint to his "go-helos-E2s-blow" spiel (granted, he admits he's biased). Comments?

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
Sorry can't help... but I thought I would just say....." GO HELOS, GO HSL" sorry I had to do it

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Go Helo's, E-2s suck. Eww I can't believe I just told someone to go helo's.

Reactions: bch

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
kmac said:
Go Helo's, E-2s suck. Eww I can't believe I just told someone to go helo's.

Thing is kmac, going E-2's would put him in the running for C-2's and we both know COD ryhmes with GOD :) But to answer the original posters question, if command is something you're worried about, it will be competitive. There are a lot of NFO's competing for the spot but the community will never be dominated by the "window lickers". Regardless, any community will be competitve, be it between pilot or NFO. As far as the flying goes, the mission commander is usually an NFO but the A/C always has the ultimate responsiblity for the aircraft. Like me, the pilots are bus drivers but still pilots and still bringing the big hog back onboard the boat day and night. Being a tailhooker is what being a navy pilot is all about. No offense to my helo, P-3, and E-6 brethren.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
one more thing... Helos don't have any "talking Kneeboards" so u don't have to worry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.